fake nail issues :(

cheapglamour

i'm new & i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

butttt..

i was getting my nails done for a while and i'm finally starting to realize that it's a waste of money so i took them off. but my real nails are SO THIN that when i took the fake nails off with cuticle clippers my real nails started to tear
ssad.gif

how can i fix this.. like strengthen them?
or hide this til they grow?

thank you.

User35

next time soak em off in acetone, u can buy it from walmart or like beauty stores. Thats why your nails are so weak, you ripped the fake ones off and it took part of your real nails with them. Keep them cut really short and get a strengthining/vitamin/growth type top coat. I use a sally hansen kind that comes in a blue nailpolish bottle. They are gonna be weak and look weird untill they grow out.

Please please please next time dont rip! use acetone and a file.

preciouscharm

This is definitely why I stopped getting my nails done. If I want french tip I just do them on my natural nails now. I would try and get some of that clear strengthening nail polish.

Blueeyesangel18

I agree with the above posters try a strengthener with calcium and keep the nails short, filing them down as they grow out helps remove the thin layer thats growing out eventually they will get thicker

cheapglamour

see. i use to use acetone but over christmas break i was at work and dropped a case of beer on my right ring finger.. and it cracked in half along with the real nail.. if i used acetone wouldn't it burn?

idk.
but thank you
smiles.gif

star25

Oh god, I hate the feeling after I get them taken off. Mine always feel really tender afterward, and they're super thin... and they bend really easily! *shudder*

The best thing to do in this case is cut them very short and carefully file the edges so they don't get caught on anything because that's super painful. Then use a nail strengthener on top (I use one by a company called Witchcraft - the packaging looks really cheap, but it's the best nail hardener I've used to date).

I've never just ripped mine off, I normally use a fake nail remover solution (I think Sally Hansen makes one) and you soak your nails in it so that it softens the acrylic.

Luckily, mine heal pretty quickly.. within a few days they feel like my old nails again. But I've stopped getting them done because of the damage they cause, plus my nails grow very fast so it's kind of a waste of money to keep having to go back to the salon so often.

chiquilla_loca

ohnna-lee

I remember when I finally took mine off. I was dating the cheapest asshole ever and he wouldn't afford me my nails, but would work me like a dog.

So when it came time to take them off I sat right next to him, granted to say, he couldn't dodge them all. Many years later he is probably still finding clippings of thick ass fake nails.
lol.gif

"ouch honey, can't you do that somewhere else" um, nope!
girl_devil.gif

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquilla_loca
when i bit my fake nails off, yes i said bit (i have a bad nail biting habit)
blush-anim-cl.gif

them off, i just took a nail buffer, and gently buffed the ugly ridges down and then constantly used a nail hardener.
this is what i used:
[URL="http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:3yoTFQKifzuwpM:http://www.sallyhansen.co.uk/fileadmin/images/sally-hansen/products/Lhard-as-nails.jpg"]http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:...d-as-nails.jpg[/URL]

i'm pretty sure the acetone will burn

Biting them off doesn't hurt as much, you can get up and under them better with the teeth and have good pressure between the nail bed and fake nail to not cause so much pain.

Kayteuk

Try to grow your nails out, I often use some very thick hand cream at night and give my hands a good massage.
Sally hansons "Hard as nails" is FANTASTIC for protecting your nails as they grow. There is also a "Nail growth" formula which is cool, I also supplement by taking Evening primrose oil, Vitamin C, Iron and Calcium. And my nails seem to grow like weeds now.... Also eat really healthy food :) I munch on fruit every day and it helps my skin and nails. I cant even snap my nails currently, you have to be pretty dedicated, but start with small steps and work it up, and just think about all the pretty polish you can buy yourself once they have grown back strong!

blindpassion

Next time you want your nails off, go back to your nail tech and get her to remove them for you, this is done by filing the acylic or gel away until your nautral nail is shown.

Do not try and rip or bite them off yourself, this is going to set up your natural nails for failure.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Next time you want your nails off, go back to your nail tech and get her to remove them for you, this is done by filing the acylic or gel away until your nautral nail is shown.

Do not try and rip or bite them off yourself, this is going to set up your natural nails for failure.

Totally agree. And use a good protein strengthener (like Nailtiques) to get your natural nails back into shape, along with lots of moisturizer. I love Solar Oil.

BEA2LS

i always had the salon removed mine for me and even than one time they had me bleeding (i will never, ever go back there..)

your nails will be okay, keep them short and put a hardener on them. i also polish them soon as they will look better. short nails are so chic!

Jessica0984

Let's see I have chewed them off. Soaked them in acetone. Went back to the nail tech and let me tell you the nail tech hurt the most. Sometimes I think I get the new nail techs that don't care if they hurt you or not.

Darkness

This is why I will never have false nails again. I went to the salon to have them taken off with acetone and my nails were so thin and weak. They kept breaking and splitting to the point the nail bed was exposed on every finger. I was in agony for a week or so. I had to rub Savlon antiseptic cream in every night, don’t know if you can get that in the US. However, I just kept cutting and filing them very short until the new nail grew up. It took over two months before they were in good shape again. All I can suggest is going to have a manicure regularly and rubbing almond oil in and perhaps coat nails with a nail hardener.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica0984
Let's see I have chewed them off. Soaked them in acetone. Went back to the nail tech and let me tell you the nail tech hurt the most. Sometimes I think I get the new nail techs that don't care if they hurt you or not.

That's when you accidentally kick them in the shin. whoopsie!

I had one that would hold my hand while she was filing and when she would nick me and I would go to pull away she would grab my hand hard and shoot me this glare. ohh man she was a piece of work. I have grown out of my patience for people.

blindpassion

^ Those experiences are why it pays to go to a very expensive nail tech.

(whether you did or not, Im not sure, I'm just speaking in general in the big picture as to why its important).