Fake Online MAC Retailer - Brush111.com

Exotic Beauty

I have been seeing this site pop up on Google AdWords in my Gmail, on ads on youtube videos, on banners etc. for about 2 weeks now. I finally decided to click on one of the links, and to my horror, saw the disgrace that is brush111.com.
yucky.gif

I am by no means an expert, but seeing the MAC name and logo misused like that on cheap, tacky, obviously fake product really makes me mad.
angry.gif
And I feel very bad for a beginner who may not know about fake MAC who buys from this site.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant, I hope they get shut down and sued soon. If you'd like a good laugh, check out the site and especially take a peak at the cover of the palettes and brushes.
th_LMAO.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Beauty
I have been seeing this site pop up on Google AdWords in my Gmail, on ads on youtube videos, on banners etc. for about 2 weeks now. I finally decided to click on one of the links, and to my horror, saw the disgrace that is brush111.com.
yucky.gif

I am by no means an expert, but seeing the MAC name and logo misused like that on cheap, tacky, obviously fake product really makes me mad.
angry.gif
And I feel very bad for a beginner who may not know about fake MAC who buys from this site.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant, I hope they get shut down and sued soon. If you'd like a good laugh, check out the site and especially take a peak at the cover of the palettes and brushes.
th_LMAO.gif

i can't access the site now?

KIT

Wow, i just started a thread about this site. I was noticing the flaws after i got a good look at it. Notice the Hello Kitty blush doesnt have the imprint of the kitty face on the powder itself like the real MAC does..Very Sneeky of them.
When its too good to be true, it normally is!!!

caffn8me

The supplier may be based in China but their website is hosted in the USA.

I've sent a report of abuse to the US hosting company. I doubt anything will be done to close the site down though
ssad.gif

caffn8me

OK - I've had the first reply from the hosting company abuse department and have provided them with further information as well as escalating the matter externally. It's now time to hurry up and wait.

Watch this space.

abbyquack

Awesome, I hope they get shut down. This is probably the site where my sister in law's friend bought a bunch of mac for "wholesale". I didn't have the
heart.gif
to tell her it was most likely fake, she was so excited.

caffn8me

You need to tell her it's fake. It may not be safe to use. If she's reselling it she is legally liable for any adverse effects as well as breaking the law. If she's using it on herself she may damage her own health.

KIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
You need to tell her it's fake. It may not be safe to use. If she's reselling it she is legally liable for any adverse effects as well as breaking the law. If she's using it on herself she may damage her own health.

This is very true...Even MAC has Saftey issues about their pigments, and if one is not eyesafe, she might really damage something.

cmdkdalsl

i do think they are fake but the real MAC HK blush doesn't have the imprint of the kitty face either..its the beauty powder that has the kitty face on it.
smiles.gif

metal_romantic

I found this dodgy site through the google-sponsored ads at the top of the specktra forums page... lol.
Do the fake brushes contain harmful chemicals? Now I'm worried about the people who buy from there who might believe their claim that they are sourced form the MAC factory in China.
I'd be seriously concerned about the makeup products. Anything could be in them! *shudders*

NeonKitty

My fave are the square fluidline jars, especially that white one that looks like rat poison in a jar, yikes!!

Latest posts