FAKE OR AUTHENTIC MAC AND NARS???

Sachie

Hi. I'm new here and I'm just starting my MAC/NARS collection. I bought these cosmetics online since it's my only way to have them. There are no MAC or NARS counter near my place (which sucks). I have no other MAC/NARS to compare them with. I'm not a pro and I want to know if they're real or not. I really, really need your help ladies. Please..
ssad.gif
Any help would be really great!
thmbup.gif

(Note: I took a lot of pictures just to make sure.)

MAC Peaches and Well Dressed Blush

Bar codes are PRINTED in the box..

Names are PRINTED in the box.. NOT STICKER

Well Dressed got a weird MAC label positioning..

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

Again.. bar code is printed at the bottom of the box..

Name is PRINTED too.. NOT STICKER

The lid comes all the way back to this..

NARS Laguna

Name is PRINTED in the box.. NO STICKER

Bar code is PRINTED too..

The box is matte.. no stickers

Inside of the box is smooth.. not the same texture as the exterior

It may not be visible but there's this sort of coating in NARS logo (off white in color) and it comes off when I tried to scratch it revealing a more white print. I don't think it should be like that.. I don't know..
th_dunno.gif

On the other end, there is a small space. Pan size seems smaller than container

The other side is okay..

When I tried to push the lid all the way to back, it looks like this. Off balance..

SOS.gif
HELP !

tsusho

Hello!

I am relatively new at Specktra but not at all new with mac (have been collecting for 5 years). I can immediately tell that your MAC Peaches blush and MAC Studio Fix Powder are fake from the yellowish name label stickers and poorer manufacturing in the plastic container, also their paper boxes have slightly bolder font than normal. However your Well dressed blush looks real to me with the grey font and black sticker label and has the large amount of MAC signature glitter sparkle made into the plastic of the plastic container.

Since I am not as familiar with NARS blushes I'm afraid I cannot help you there.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Sachie

Does anyone noticed how the MAC logo in well dressed blush is positioned vertically? I've never seen something like that. I don't know..

Sachie

Hello!

I am relatively new at Specktra but not at all new with mac (have been collecting for 5 years). I can immediately tell that your MAC Peaches blush and MAC Studio Fix Powder are fake from the yellowish name label stickers and poorer manufacturing in the plastic container, also their paper boxes have slightly bolder font than normal. However your Well dressed blush looks real to me with the grey font and black sticker label and has the large amount of MAC signature glitter sparkle made into the plastic of the plastic container.

Since I am not as familiar with NARS blushes I'm afraid I cannot help you there.

Hope this helps a bit :)
Hi. Thank you so much for your help.
smiles.gif

I noticed the weird yellow-toned prints in name label stickers on my Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation and Peaches Blush too when I got them. These two also have sort of shiny, glossy, slippery texture on their boxes. On the other hand, my Well Dressed Blush have black label with off-white prints on it (actually it’s not really grey). Box is matte (almost identical with MAC lipstick box). Also, I compared both the blushes and I noticed that the Peach Blush has bolder, bigger font of MAC logo on the container than Well Dressed. I don’t think MAC would use different font sizes on their permanent line blushes, wouldn’t they? Pigmentation of the blushes are not good too.

On the foundation, when I first tried it, I was shocked by the quality/coverage of it. I was expecting it to give a medium to full coverage because that’s what I heard from reviews and what I read from MAC website. But this one, it does not. It’s like I’m just putting a baby powder on my face. Very, very light. It do NOTHING special on my face. Also, it's suppose to be matte and oil-controlling. But after just half an hour of putting this on my face, I’m sooo oily already.

I’m sorry I didn’t said that I bought my MAC foundation and blushes from the same seller. This may sound stupid but, is it possible that she gave me a fake foundation and blush, and then the other blush is authentic?
blink.gif
Since you said well dressed looks real.

I’m really new with MAC powder foundation and blushes because I’m more into MAC lipsticks and liquid foundation. Really need some guidance on this.

tsusho

Hello Sachie,

I just had another look at the photo and compared them to the counterfeit and authentic MAC items I had on hand to compare. Now that I had a better look at the pictures again with some more sleep (lol I had only 2 hours of sleep preparing for things around the house before hurricane Sandy came so I just quickly scanned which is my bad ^^;;). I can say that as before I believe the foundation, and peach blush are counterfeit BUT now am sure that the well dressed blush is fake as well. Firstly, I apologize I neglected to really look at the back of the box ingredients list. First a common thing in alot of the MAC fake blushes is that the second ingredient on the list is " ZINC STEARATE", when most real MAC powder blushes 2nd ingredient is "OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE". Second here is a picture of the back label of an authentic Well Dressed blush https://s3.amazonaws.com/luuux-original-files/bookmarklet_uploaded/P1090845sfe.jpg. If you say that your sticker back label does not look like grey font like that one in person (ignore the not for individual sale part) then it is a fake. My second look at the sticker made me notice that the batch number on the Well dressed blush is easily visible when in my past experience an authentic mac blush's batch number code is really difficult to capture in a picture completely clearly like that cause its printing black on black it's most visible in person (I've tried alot lol). Lastly, this may seem weird but I can always tell an authentic mac product mainly because they lightly scent all their powder products with a very light floral scent while all the counterfeits I've encounter miss this detail so their products smell just of generic talc powder.

Sorry again about the previous misinfo, and best of luck getting your money back!

Liz Aldrich

Mac is printing the names on a lot of product boxes now. I never buy makeup from anywhere but the Mac counter, so I know it's a legit mac product. The last blush I got with a sticker was Giggly. Then again I just re started collecting in February.

Liz Aldrich

P.s. people are way better at making fakes now. Wow! In 2009 you could easily tell its fake. Caught a vender at the farmers market in 2009 selling fakes. I reported them, but no one did anything about it. I felt obligated to stand near the booth to warn people. One lady said that she prefers the product in fakes a lot better... Wahh?

pazaub

Like others have mentioned, MAC is printing names on boxes now rather then stickers. As far as the vertical MAC on well dress. It could have fallen off and put back on by someone without them lining it up correctly. I've received items with that plastic part loose and had to push it back in myself. But the yellow on the label does look off other then that I dont really see anything as a dead give away that their fakes.

glittergoddess27

In addition to pazaub's excellent explanation of the vertical MAC on the Well Dressed. Sometimes this happens when employees "straighten the wall". If you have ever noticed in most MAC stores they try to make all the labels on the products in front on display be upright and uniform. Sometimes we have to put two fingers on the front of the shadow or blush and turn it while in its in the package to have the labels straight. If the clear plastic piece is not securely in the lid of the pot it can also get rotated in the process which would result in a turned logo. And yes, we have noticed at the Indy MAC store that not only are the sometimes shipping us products with the names printed both on boxes and on labels,.. but sometimes they print the finish of the eyeshadows on the box and sometimes they do not.