fake or dif editions?

ninjakotte

I have bought pigments from two diffrent reliable sources here on specktra, but when i compared them they look verry different :/ one is a lot more..goldtoned so to say then the other.. (i noticed the diff even before i compared since golden olive is a fave)
(i also noticed a bit of dif in the two chartreuses to, but not that much that you would notice unless you compared them)
what do you think?
is one fake or have i got reaaaally different batches? :/

goldenolive.jpg

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...ldenolive2.jpg

new comparisonswatch:
golden2.jpg

I: nightlight
II: "what the heck is this color"/golden olive?
III: golden olive
IIII: golders green

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakotte
I have bought pigments from two diffrent reliable sources here on specktra, but when i compared them they look verry different :/ one is a lot more..goldtoned so to say then the other.. (i noticed the diff even before i compared since golden olive is a fave)
(i also noticed a bit of dif in the two chartreuses to, but not that much that you would notice unless you compared them)
what do you think?
is one fake or have i got reaaaally different batches? :/

goldenolive.jpg

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...ldenolive2.jpg

I purchased Golden Olive from the Mac store last weekend. My pigment looks like the pigment on the left.

ninjakotte

vixxan: thanx!
then i have a litte better idea that somethings of with the other one.. wonder if i got a misslabled pig >_>

ninjakotte

vixxan: thanx for the tip, checked it against my night light.. not a match :/ its much more green/light :/

panda0410

I am not entirely sure there is a problem.... when I first looked at these pics I really didnt see much of a difference TBH... one seems a little brighter perhaps....

I am going to post some of my own pics of my STORE bought Golden Olive to see what you think of it since I'm not convinced theres really anything wrong with the one you have??

ninjakotte

panda: IRL the diff is much more apparent, the first swatch shows it the best. It is a diffrent kinda green, much less of the goldtone, almost as if golden olive has been mixed with golders green..

wifey806

hmm, i dunno much about p/gs at ALL. BUT i do remember how some people were saying that the Teal p/g from the '08 holiday minis was a little different from the the full size jar. Who knows...?
ssad.gif