Fake or just old Forest Green?

battipatti

I just got this pigment from a very reputable lj seller and MUAer but I've never seen a label like this, I didn't pay too much for it but I do lots of freelance work for photographer friends and I would never ever want to use something that wasn't authentic/ tested for safety on their models, here are pictures:
It didn't come in the original box so I don't have that to compare but there are some real MAC pigments in some of these pics
CIMG7559.jpg

CIMG7560.jpg

The bottom label says: Pigment Colour Powder Pourdre Eclat de Couleur, MACA20 Forest Green A20 Make-up art cosmetics Toronto London Made in/Fabrique Au Canada the font is super tiny and it was really hard to try to get a decent picture
Back of jar:
CIMG7570.jpg

Front:
CIMG7566.jpg

lids no flash:
CIMG7565.jpg

flash/ jar thickness:
CIMG7575.jpg

Inserts:
CIMG7576.jpg

swatched with my finger, the color payoff was pretty good and it took a few good rubs to get it off but it might just be because the color is so dark?
CIMG7583.jpg

Any help is appreciated!

angi

I have to admit I've often wondered this myself, as I have a deep purple with the exact same label, and the exact same batch code as yours.

However, although my purple didn't come direct from MAC it did come from a reputable seller (from ebay), and I got it in 2003 before the fakes absolutely littered the site. Your one (jar/ label etc) looks exactly the same as mine, so probably also dates back to pre 2003 (probably 2000 if the batch code is anything to go by).

I guess in 2003 we would have been looking at the pretty poor quality fakes, which this (if it were indeed fake) is not.

So, I would go for real, but really old.

MACATTAK

This is authentic and just older. I have a Copper Sparkle with that label (got it many years ago), and it's authentic.
smiles.gif

panda0410

^^ ITA
smiles.gif
I have the same here on my Bright Coral. My first Bright Coral had it as well and same with an earlier Steel Blue. These are the old pro stickers so nothing to worry about
winks.gif

Latest posts