Fake or real pigments?

nek0

Hi gals,

I am lurking around ebay trying to get my hands on some pigments. As I love to reasearch a looot before buying, I stumbled upon this part of the forum and started reading and reading and reading...

So now I have tons of doubts!!! Can anybody help me???

Mac Pigment "Lily White" Guaranteed Authentic - eBay (item 220246306993 end time Jun-24-08 06:21:28 PDT)

MAC Pigment Charm LILY WHITE Discontinued RARE - eBay (item 120274530665 end time Jun-25-08 18:06:40 PDT)

MAC COSMETICS MELON PIGMENT EYE-SHADOW 7.5G NEW - eBay (item 110263533220 end time Jun-22-08 07:12:54 PDT)

Many thanks in advance!
choochoo.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by nek0
Hi gals,

I am lurking around ebay trying to get my hands on some pigments. As I love to reasearch a looot before buying, I stumbled upon this part of the forum and started reading and reading and reading...

So now I have tons of doubts!!! Can anybody help me???

Mac Pigment "Lily White" Guaranteed Authentic - eBay (item 220246306993 end time Jun-24-08 06:21:28 PDT)

MAC Pigment Charm LILY WHITE Discontinued RARE - eBay (item 120274530665 end time Jun-25-08 18:06:40 PDT)

MAC COSMETICS MELON PIGMENT EYE-SHADOW 7.5G NEW - eBay (item 110263533220 end time Jun-22-08 07:12:54 PDT)

Many thanks in advance!
choochoo.gif

Hello
thmbup.gif

The charm size pigments are fine - I think they have yet to be targeted by the counterfeiters.
The melon is a fake
thmbdn.gif
If you look at the photo the sticker is in the wrong corner and if you look even closer I'm sure it's a number A06? - that's definitely wrong.
Hope that helps
Julie

nek0

OK, so normally the charms are OK, right?

I will keep looking for melon... I have never used it but have heard SO many good things about it that i NEED it
cutey.gif

Thx thx thx!
greengrin.gif
th_DANCE.gif

panda0410

um, avoid.....

I wouldnt touch it for the following reasosn - this seller says -
1 - it DOESNT come with box shown - this might also mean that its not the SAME pigment in the picture as shown
2 - it also says "comes direct from the factory" - sorry but that ALWAYS send alarm bells ringing. Walk away.

Besides all this for the BIN price you are paying the same amount as retail. You might be better tp just call up MAC and buy it direct
smiles.gif

nek0

Thanks panda!
smiles.gif

The thing is that here in Spain MAC stuff costs the same in euros, so if something is 20 $ its, 20 euros minimum (sometimes 22 or 24), and 1 euro is = 0.65 dollars... so do the math
winks.gif
almost almost half price off! hehe

I think I'll just be patient and if it really itches me, I'll go and buy it (there is only ONE standalone store in Madrid that sells pigments!
angry.gif
)

panda0410

I know about the retail pinch - AU prices are not great either - pigments here are $39AU so its double US prices as well. I'll have a look for a melon for you and see if I cant find a reasonable looking listing somewhere - but the judgement call will have to be yours
winks.gif

here you go - tankist1 has never sold me a fake yet and I've bought a few from him - no, the pics arent great, but I took a risk intially, got authentic stuff, then went back several times more and still got authentic stuff - he's never sold me a single fake yet, but like I said the decision has to be yours.

MAC COSMETICS PIGMENT MELON EYE SHADOW *SEALED* - eBay (item 300235792993 end time Jun-29-08 18:00:00 PDT)

nek0

choochoo.gif
thanks!

I should be studying now.... I should be studying now.... I should be studying now.... I should be studying now....
girl_devil.gif