Fake pigment vial!

Xqueeze_me

WHAT THE HECK ARE MINI-VIALS?!?!?! Aren't Vials small enough????

Jeebus! That's the UGLIEST EVER "MAC-wannabe" Vial!! That's total boolshat that the Vial came from MAC. Seriously!
WTF2.gif
She's got TONS of it for sale!

This one sure is NOT a trustworthy mommy!

labwom

I sent here a message and this is what she wrote back lol:

" It's actually not a fake and I these came from my reputable client who sells this stuff professionally. I've never had any reason to doubt her for anything as she is the most honest person I know."

Come one now. I reported her and all her MAC auctions!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by labwom
" It's actually not a fake and I these came from my reputable client who sells this stuff professionally. I've never had any reason to doubt her for anything as she is the most honest person I know."

Come one now. I reported her and all her MAC auctions!

More like a reputable professional criminal!!
lmao.gif

Hilly

lol the vial looks like the UD old vials of ES (not sure if they make them anymore) and the pallet looks like bobbi brown style lol

labwom

She keeps insisting they are real:
"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Look very carefully. It has MAC written all over it and has the original MAC label as well as the MAC case."

[/FONT]

PhreakPhantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by labwom
She keeps insisting they are real. I reported her "palette" and this is what she wrote me:
"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Look very carefully. It has MAC written all over it and has the original MAC label as well as the MAC case."

Are you f'n serious?
[/FONT]

http://www.beauty-and-more.de/archives/2001/02.html
This palette was from the Merry M.A.C. Mas collection from November 2000.

CROPMOMMY

This is CROPMOMMY1 - the one that you are all bashing.

As you are all obviously involved with the MAC industry or at least know the difference between people pushing fake MAC and real MAC I thought it was important to at least tell you that the items that are listed are not fake. I am a trading partner and the original seller bought these on eBay from one of you. It was an original MAC jar and the contents were separated into "sample" or trial jars for those who just wanted to try it.

I'm not trying to pull one over on anyone. I'm just trying to give you the answers I know in complete honesty without being harassed by labwom! If I thought these were fake in any way, I would pull them immediately from the auction circuit.

P.S. The MAC palette was purchased from Nordstroms. Everything is still sealed.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROPMOMMY
This is CROPMOMMY1 - the one that you are all bashing.

As you are all obviously involved with the MAC industry or at least know the difference between people pushing fake MAC and real MAC I thought it was important to at least tell you that the items that are listed are not fake. I am a trading partner and the original seller bought these on eBay from one of you. It was an original MAC jar and the contents were separated into "sample" or trial jars for those who just wanted to try it.

I'm not trying to pull one over on anyone. I'm just trying to give you the answers I know in complete honesty without being harassed by labwom! If I thought these were fake in any way, I would pull them immediately from the auction circuit.

P.S. The MAC palette was purchased from Nordstroms. Everything is still sealed.

LOL - well they werent bought from me. Further more it is AGAINST EBAY POLICY to decant product in to samples containers for sale. You might want to familiarise yourself with ebay policy and VeRO and copyright infringement, in fact there is a huge thread here in the counterfeit forum you might like to look at while you are here.
If these are samples then you might also want to consider rewording your listing which states, and I quote, " You are bidding on a Mini-vial of Multi-Purpose Pigment from MAC Cosmetics. These vials are complete and full as they come from MAC.", which clearly isnt correct not only because you have just stated that they are indeed samples, but because Mauvement, as you are well aware has only JUST been released with the Rushmetal collection and certainly isnt available in a vial therefore CANNOT be, in your own words, complete and full as it comes from MAC - and thats the real issue here. If you had been HONEST and listed them as SAMPLES to begin with instead of trying to sell them as authentic MAC items direct from the company, then I doubt you would have been contacted at all.

CROPMOMMY

Quick note to panda0410.. Although I'm sure that you didn't mean to help me with your comment, Thank you for posting it.

After contacting the original seller and doing as much research as I could, I was not able to find anything that mentioned this item was MAUVEMENT and because I did not have any certainty to this, I changed the description to show MAUVE in color.

If there are any other items that you feel are in question (besides the obvious), please feel free to ask as I will research whatever I can and update or clarify any auction that does not prove to be 100% true.

CROPMOMMY

panda - I did contact eBay and asked them about each one of the auctions. If you would like, I would be happy to share my PDF copy of my conversation with them as they didn't feel I was in violation. Maybe it is because I didn't decanter these items.

I have read and re-read eBay's policies from top to bottom many times. In fact, I ever went to this chat room before I listed these items in hopes to educate myself a little more on MAC items.

As mentioned before, I'm not out to sell something fake or un-genuine and I will certainly change or pull any auction if I believe that the auction is 100% correct. This is why I ask you to please tell me if you find anything completely out of sorts as I do not intentionally intend to "dupe" anyone.

panda0410

Quote:

After contacting the original seller and doing as much research as I could, I was not able to find anything that mentioned this item was MAUVEMENT and because I did not have any certainty to this, I changed the description to show MAUVE in color.

I am not sure that you changing the item description in hindsight, given that I saw the item myself and it clearly stated MAUVEMENT - which I am sure was no mistake on your part - will help matters in regards to your apparent honesty. But since you are in the changing mood, you might like to change ALL the others now as well if you really want to been seen as an honest seller - to state SAMPLES as you have already admitted they are.
As I have stated above, if you had been HONEST and listed them as SAMPLES to begin with instead of trying to sell them as authentic MAC items direct from the company - which is what flagged this thread to begin with, then I doubt you would have been contacted at all.

CROPMOMMY

I see your point now in the "sample" issue. I will wait for verification from the seller as she is going to the MAC Pro Counter tomorrow to ask once again about the mini-vials and their true names. (Please see my personal message to you about the MAC Professional Boutique.)

I'm assuming that someone at the Pro Counter is going to give 100% genuine information. If they cannot verify this, I will post my question about MPB to everyone in hopes that someone else will know about the mini-vials and their validity. I don't want to post the information on my auctions about the MPB unless I know the absolute truth about it as I feel that one more uncertainty is just not right.

panda0410

No worries - just look at this - this is a link to some authentic vials sold direct from MAC - different bottles to yours and clear MAC insignia. These vials, although you cant see it in this pic, also has info printed on the back along with colour names. Perhaps you can see why now your items were noticed.
Vials

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
I thought it was important to at least tell you that the items that are listed are not fake. I am a trading partner and the original seller bought these on eBay from one of you. It was an original MAC jar and the contents were separated into "sample" or trial jars for those who just wanted to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
As I have stated above, if you had been HONEST and listed them as SAMPLES to begin with instead of trying to sell them as authentic MAC items direct from the company - which is what flagged this thread to begin with, then I doubt you would have been contacted at all.

Agreed with panda0410. Mentioned in the first quote above, 'contents were separated into "sample" or trial jars'... then shouldn't they be called Samples? The "mini-vials" would be better off named SAMPLES instead of saying (as quoted by you in the listings) that 'they come from MAC' indicating that they're directly from MAC, which is NOT TRUE, because the packaging is NOT MAC's packaging, which is misleading advertising in the listings.

panda0410 also mentioned that it is 'AGAINST EBAY POLICY to decant product in to samples containers for sale'. If you're interested in reading more about it, here's a post (Highlight the entire text to read the response) regarding suspension of sample sellers written by eBay to another seller. That's major BS though because I still see sample sellers around... who might be selling counterfeits because they only show the sample pots of pigments in it.

Also, some of the "mini-vials" don't have a proper name to them such as Unknown Blue and Unknown Dark colour. I think I know.

CROPMOMMY

This might be a stupid question but remember, I'm not a MAC person in any way: Can these pigments actually be duplicated?

I've talked with a few people off-line who think it's hilarious that anyone can consider these pigments a fake since it would cost much more money to try and replicate these then they are actually worth. Maybe they don't know all that much about MAC either. However, aren't these dichroic (color changes in different lights)? That seems to me like it would be pretty intense to falsify. However, you guys would know more than I would about this. Just wondering if you have personally ever seen a fake and if they even look close to being real.

panda0410

Quote:
This might be a stupid question but remember, I'm not a MAC person in any way: Can these pigments actually be duplicated?

I've talked with a few people off-line who think it's hilarious that anyone can consider these pigments a fake since it would cost much more money to try and replicate these then they are actually worth. Maybe they don't know all that much about MAC either. However, aren't these dichroic (color changes in different lights)? That seems to me like it would be pretty intense to falsify. However, you guys would know more than I would about this. Just wondering if you have personally ever seen a fake and if they even look close to being real.

There are two answers here -
1- YES, pigments can be and VERY FREQUENTLY ARE duplicated by fakers!! Just look at the counterfeit pigment threads here and you will see that is not only incredibly COMMON, but contrary to your friends advice, also INCREDIBLY CHEAP! Some of the pigments in full sized jars sell for less than $15AU ~approx $12US, AND the seller has still made a considerable profit from her point of purchase, so please consider how cheap they really must be to buy for sellers, and how much profit is being made for them particularly if it is being redistributed into even smaller samples or lots.

2- Your actual pigment content within the vials may not be fake at all, it is entirely possible that genuine pigment has been decanted into generic vials.

I have bought my fair share of fakes off ebay, like most frequent specktrettes who use this forum and once its in your hands it easy enough to tell that the pigment isnt real. The part for picking fakes comes in both packaging and pigment content. The problem most of us are having with fakes is that the packaging on some fakes (designercosmetics2007, divalaglam, and a few others for example) is that their packaging is damn near impossible to tell from real packaging - it wasnt until some of the ladies here actually bought the pigments and compared them and the packaging in person to shelf stock at MAC that they were confirmed as definite fakes.
And secondly, some of the fake pigment itself is also getting harder to pick - production processes are obviously getting better for the counterfeiters and they are producing fake pigments that are much closer in colour and texture to real pigments than previously found in counterfeit pigment. I also want to make a fairly loud note that colour changes are not necessarily scrutinized in pigments because of screen setting some monitors will display colours which are not necessarily true to life. This means that some pigments which are real, may not look real, some fake pigments may look authentic. While some fakers are making an effort to produce pigment that is closer to authentic stock, MOST fakers dont give a shit whether it is close to the authentic pigment or not, just look at the fake Teal pigment sold to one lady here - it isnt even close to the real Teal, not by any length of the imagination....

Latest posts