Fake Scene & Knight Devine

jens7lil1s

While depotting tonight I found 2 eye shadows I had that I THOUGHT were authentic were not. Now, I am uncertain if these came from Ebay or from MUA swaps to be honest and the only give away for me was when I depotted them the bottom metal of the pan was not flat but had the circle on it. Also, I did notice while burning them the plastic caught on fire (I depot over a candle) and this never happens with my authentic MAC shadows. So, the fake batch #s on these 2 are:

Scene AB6
Knight Devine A17

I must say that holding these next to my authentic ones they look identical in color and the pots/labels are soooooo accurate, i'd never have known they were fake had I not depotted them. Just an FYI!

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens7lil1s
I must say that holding these next to my authentic ones they look identical in color and the pots/labels are soooooo accurate, i'd never have known they were fake had I not depotted them. Just an FYI!

I had a whole bunch of the same nasty fakes. what about the smell? mine reeked of a yucky chemically smell. the texture was also very poor. they belong in the garbage!

jens7lil1s

It was actually the packaging when I burned them that I noticed was different, the products themselves were great fakes until I depotted them I had NO IDEA!

TISH1124

I know a couple of people on here who have bought Fake Knight Divines including myself from the same ebay seller....she just continued to sell even after we returned and complained...she pretended she didn;t know but yet never took her listing down..told all of us the same lie

jens7lil1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I know a couple of people on here who have bought Fake Knight Divines including myself from the same ebay seller....she just continued to sell even after we returned and complained...she pretended she didn;t know but yet never took her listing down..told all of us the same lie

Was it Malibubarbieandfriends???? I wish I could recall where I got it and I think I bought stuff from her awile back and noticed she has fakes according to others here.

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

Can you share the name of the seller? Thanks.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Was it Malibubarbieandfriends???? I wish I could recall where I got it and I think I bought stuff from her awile back and noticed she has fakes according to others here.

No it was froziere-findings ...I have posted this many times ....I think she must have ran out...she had about 4-5 at one time...I would never buy from her again

kittykit

I've bought a fake Knight Divine and a Scene before but I returned the items and got a refund.

TISH1124

yeah she gave me a full refund......only after pretending she did not know and swearing it was a lie....and once I sent her all the emails that were forwarded to me from a friend showing she knew months before that her KD's were fake she immediately refunded me my money when she was fully busted in the "I would never sell fakes and I had no idea lie"

Mac_Wendy

Quote:
While depotting tonight I found 2 eye shadows I had that I THOUGHT were authentic were not. Now, I am uncertain if these came from Ebay or from MUA swaps to be honest and the only give away for me was when I depotted them the bottom metal of the pan was not flat but had the circle on it. Also, I did notice while burning them the plastic caught on fire (I depot over a candle) and this never happens with my authentic MAC shadows. So, the fake batch #s on these 2 are:

!

i use the candle way to depot my eyeshadows aswell and sometimes the plastic goes on fire too, the eyeshadows i depotted are from the MAC shop, so its not justthe fake that do it, maybe i just hold it on the flame too long,
th_dunno.gif

abbyquack

Quote:

This seller is DEFINITELY producing fakes! I bought some from her and they were fake. When I depotted them they had the circle on the pan, and they were much harder to depot than regular e/s - and yes, they did catch on fire unlike my 100+ real ones
lol.gif
So yea she is more like malibuBIATCHandfriends, imo for selling all these fakes. Notice also how crappy her photo quality is.

Sojourner

That seller sells a lot, so many positive feedbacks but if you go through all the feedback you will see some negatives, all questioning authenticity.

jens7lil1s

Wanted to post her reply to me:

Hi,
I am going to take your word for it and is why I closed the dispute and refunded you for those items.
As for buying from vendors, I dont buy from vendors. I drive 1½ hrs once a week and purchase all my makeup from CCO in Ellenton FL. Whether or not they have a nix of ringed and flat pans I will have to inquire more about this. Because you are saying people are telling you one thing and on the other hand Mac SA is telling me another.
So at this point, I dont know anymore ;(
Is there anyway I can check it without melting or breaking the outer pots?
Anyway, I sent you the revision requests for the feedback, please remove the comments since you were refunded. thanks..

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
It would be interesting to know the name of the CCO that she apparently buys from.

I wouldn't remove feedback comments about the authenticity...if they were fake, then they were fake! It's not your problem where she gets her stuff from and if you are sure that you got fakes then other buyers have the right to be informed of your experience.

Outlet Bound - Outlet Center Information

Hope that helps you out some but she has a Specktra account so be careful.
She's from my home state originally and has ties here so I don't discuss my dealings with her most the way through. Somebody contacted her from Specktra that I posted about my fakes and told her I was slandering her name to try to get me at war with her when I legitimately had received fakes. I did give her a detailed e-mail that took an hour to compose plus pics so she would be able to pull listings like the one in question down but they continued to run. I'm sorry to those that got duped after me but once I heard husband still in Maryland, I thought it best not to discuss on this site. She never was rude with me throughout everything, just stuck by the CCO story and she did refund me.

P.S. If the person contacts her again, I have the eyeshadow and pigment still here unused the way they were received and can prove them to be fake.

User27

Quote:

Hi,
I am going to take your word for it and is why I closed the dispute and refunded you for those items.
As for buying from vendors, I dont buy from vendors. I drive 1½ hrs once a week and purchase all my makeup from CCO in Ellenton FL. Whether or not they have a nix of ringed and flat pans I will have to inquire more about this. Because you are saying people are telling you one thing and on the other hand Mac SA is telling me another.
Anyway, I sent you the revision requests for the feedback, please remove the comments since you were refunded. thanks..

#1 is the $300 spending limit each visit and that's a lot of merchandise she has listed for a once a week trip. I was just at my CCO last night and it still applied despite me being a regular. Her items don't even have the markings of being bought at a CCO re : "The Cosmetics Company Store" price sticker, seperate sticker on box like GA68 or whatever on a seperate sticker, or sometimes a black inked on circle that says CCS in the middle if they used a regular pricing sticker on the item.

#2 is don't waste your time explaining it because she'll still keep the listings up and I know this firsthand. I have the e-mail I wasted the time to compose thinking she was legitimately worried about her CCO selling her fakes...a very detailed e-mail. I wasted my time and felt like an ass and just kept it to myself.

One person can only buy so much from a CCO per trip and her listings would require every day trips for a week. I believed her before because she seemed really nice and sincere but I wasted my time trying to explain everything down when I was just the person who won an auction. She uses Specktra and we discussed the amount of sellers on here who cry wolf to knock competition and all. I actually told her I didn't want her thinking I was like the people on here opening a claim for that reason but I showed her proof of mine being fake as well as what to look for to remove the listings that matched it. She'll be nice to the point you feel sorry for her getting ripped off by her CCO but it's not what it seems because those same listings stay up when she has the power to pull them. You will be wasting your time educating her is all I'm saying because I've done it myself with no results.

TheCollector

Quote:

Hi,

PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of all the unsuspecting Mac buyers out there - do not remove your negative feedback! Please look on the other thread on this forum that is all about her!!
She has sold fakes to so many on here!
true.gif

jens7lil1s

I went ahead and depotted them and yes, both are indeed fake. I did turn her nagative to neutral. Maybe I should not have but she did send a full refund. What irks me is I have boguht from her before and thought they were authentic. I would have not known had I NOT depotted.........
ssad.gif

TheCollector

I know, it is very sad. Because without depotting them, you do not know. It is so scary that so many are using these eyeshadows on their eyes without knowing what the real ingredients are.
angry.gif

Is there any where to find the supplier of these 'good' fakes? I so want to know who the manufacturer is and if they would supply an ingredients list. And what, if any, standards, they abide by.

Latest posts