FAKE Sunplosion???!!!!

BlahWah

Waaaaay too peachy to be Sunplosion! Maybe it's the flash, though, cuz it's a really strange angle to take a pic of an e/s... but I just checked mine out under my halogen lamp and it looks more orange than that for sure!

ExquisiteImages

It looks fake to me as she states the eyeshadow as #14 and describes the color as SIMILAR (clue word) to sunplosion.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
It looks fake to me as she states the eyeshadow as #14 and describes the color as similar to sunplosion.

Good point! I missed that, went straight for the picture. It also lists the shadow as a lustre, which Sunplosion is not.

lianna

The casing for Sunsplosion definitely doesn't look like the normal one though Flashtrack seems fine. There seems to be this rounded thing around the e/s that doesn't look right.

Anyway the listings for both items seem different. Like she lists Flashtrack as being that whereas for the Sunsplosion she calls it #14 and MAC never labels their e/s like that.

caffn8me

Three things shout "fake" to me about the "sunplosion" listing.

The first is that the shadow compact is wrong. It's little things like the way the clear insert attaches to the lid, the shape of the catch and the shape of the lower half of the compact that mates with the lid. I've tried to take a photo of a genuine shadow (it's Trax so the colour is different!) and put it alongside the eBay listed picture so you can compare a fake and a genuine compact.

The second indication is the fact that the shade is identified by a number. The only M·A·C products identified by numbers are their brushes. If someone claims an eyeshadow is a #14 or a #7 or a #anything it's a sure sign it's a fake. There are three character "numbers" on M·A·C products which sometimes people confuse with shade codes but these are batch identifiers. You can read about how these codes work here

The third is the claim made in the answer to a question about the origin of the shadows. The seller claims it came from Europe but it makes no sense for a Canadian to buy M·A·C shadows in Europe as they are much more expensive over here (of course if a product is sold out it may be worth it). In the UK a single eye shadow costs CA$20.10 compared to a price of CA$16 in Canada. In France the price us CA$18.35.

divaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
The first is that the shadow compact is wrong. It's little things like the way the clear insert attaches to the lid, the shape of the catch and the shape of the lower half of the compact that mates with the lid. I've tried to take a photo of a genuine shadow (it's Trax so the colour is different!) and put it alongside the eBay listed picture so you can compare a fake and a genuine compact.

Thank you! I thought that looked weird on there!