Fakes sold at festivals

Vanilla_Mint

Ladies!!
Today there was a Mexican festival/block party around my neighborhood. There were a few beauty supply tents that sold misc cosmetics-Revlon, Avon, Maybelline, VS, Bobbi Brown.... and MAC?
The first tent had only one color of lipstick - it was a fuschia/pink color. The feel of the tube was fine and I didn't see anything wrong with the MAC imprint in the middle. BUT there were no batch stickers on the bottom and it was being sold for $6. Sound the alarm for obviously fake MAC!
The next tent made me doubt myself. I couldn't really tell if these were fake. They had pigments, eyeshadows, studio fix, loose powders, lipsticks, dazzleglasses. Most still had the boxes, and all had batch stickers on them w/product name. But, these were being sold for over 50% off [strike 1- not even CCO's sell it for that cheap]. I asked the lady where she got these products and she referred me to a little 8/9yr old girl (for translation reasons). The girl was like 'these came from the Manufacturer, not imitations. They're real.' [strike 2- bootleggers always say that] I checked the lipstick testers-- 2 said Shy Girl but when I looked at the color, one was brownish and one was pinkish red! [strike 3- wtf??] My hunches were right and so my bf and I quickly left.

I couldn't take any pics but wanted to give you ladies a warning! The lesson here is, there are more and more counterfeit products coming out and it's getting harder to spot! Counterfeiters are keeping up with MAC's new collections. So please please buy straight from a MAC store/counter or a trusted Spectra-ette!

Love, Betty

PS: my bf heard me typing furiously and asked if I was telling the girls on Specktra! HAHAHA

L1LMAMAJ

omg...
ssad.gif
i'm sorry to hear that fakes are still being sold in public places. one time i was at a fair at my school, this lady was selling fake MAC eyeshadows. it was sooo obviously fake. i pretended i didn't know and i asked her if they were real, she said she bought them from MAC herself which is a LIE because the font was off and it was just all bad. thanks to specktra cuz i learned a lot about fake MACs on this site.

BitBitBabiGirl

that's so wrong.

when i was in Edmonton, they were selling fake LeSportsac bags at a kiosk in the mall, and not a little mall either, it was West Edmonton Mall.

how do they get away with it?

elle25

The fakes are just showing up everywhere!! Who knows how much they would have sold. Fake mac is just going to keep getting bigger unless mac actually steps in and does something about it. I don't understand why they don't seem to care about this.

Pink_Puddleduck

I went to Glastonbury Music festival and found a seller selling Mac at one of the stalls there, she had a bell bottom Blue pigment, but the sticker on the bottom wasn't clear, it was almost like scotch tape, slightly opaque. I had read the specktra guide to indetifying fake pigments a copule of day before and so i steered well clear!

n_c

Fakes are everywhere now. I saw some being sold at the Fleamarket in San Jose :/

ledisxo

I saw fakes sold at a flee market in San bernardino. The lady very much believes there real to.

Junkie

There's some sold at a stripmall here in Toronto too - the woman even advertises the stuff on Craigslist! She also sells perfume and cologne. I've never gone, but she can't even give the names of the stuff. She just takes shoddy cell phone photos.

I've also seen the "MAC Palettes" on Craigslist - a bunch of us MAC addicts totally called the girl out and she got soooo mad! lol....and she totally admitted to selling them as real MAC "because she thought they were real when she bought them from someone else who sold REAL MAC"...yeah right!

Another girl from Newmarket (north of Toronto) was selling a bunch of stuff in separate ads - and I was going to respond to one for Studio Fix Foundation until I noticed she was selling the separate eyeshadows WITH THE SPONGE APPLICATOR! Ugh.

Junkie

I totally LOVE how these people have so much faith in the products they're hawking - and are obvious fakes. And then you tell them otherwise and they get VERY defensive and hostile. Seriously, calm down and do your own homework before you decide to re-sale items.

Latest posts