Fakes?

CherryAcid

I work in a hospital and there is occasionally a make-up stall that comes selling discounted stuff like rimmel, max factor etc
Well they have posters up at the min for tomorrows stall stating that they are selling MAC eyeshadows for £4.50. This cant be right surely? I am pretty sure they will be fakes but how do i go about telling the ppl who run the stall? Should i not bother?

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryAcid
I work in a hospital and there is occasionally a make-up stall that comes selling discounted stuff like rimmel, max factor etc
Well they have posters up at the min for tomorrows stall stating that they are selling MAC eyeshadows for £4.50. This cant be right surely? I am pretty sure they will be fakes but how do i go about telling the ppl who run the stall? Should i not bother?

Cherry
winks.gif
i would be very wary of buying anything from those makeup stalls ..especially makeup .

As Caffn8 and Xqueeze_me,mentioned in their previous postings Mac does NOT do wholesale for onward sale ,so these eyeshadows are most deffo fakes.
Maybe you should mention to the stall seller, that "you are well aquainted with Mac brand and that it's a criminal offence to sell counterfeit items under the Trade Marks Act 1995,..and probably under the Fraud Act 2006 as well...not too mention the possibility of some poor soul being blinded by this cr*p!
I would also tell your colleagues about your suspicions...it's not worth damaging your eyesight ,skin with these fakes,who knows what poisons they have in them and in what conditions these were manufactured
angry.gif

Let us know the outcome
yes.gif

redambition

this is a tricky one. first of all - it's best not to make any accusations at them unless you know 100% that the items are counterfeit.

by all means check out the products and ask them about how they source it. maybe mention offhand that you've seen a lot of counterfeit product being sold on ebay if you can get it into the conversation - they may not even know that cosmetics are counterfeited.

for 4.50 it seems unlikely that the items will be the real thing.

CherryAcid

I figured they would be fakes too. I am just getting started with MAC and i know when something is too good to be true and i have brushed up on my knowledge on fakes etc. I dont think i will be able to make it to stall, but i have told my colleagues about it and i dont think they will bother.
I guess i would feel bad going down there and ambushing them or something. And they would be like "who the hell are you to tell me this" you know?
If i do go there i think i would have a good look and then maybe politely tell them when its quiet that they are fakes and it might be in their best interests not to sell anymore. I dont know though, i hate confrontation and i just feel like im complaining.

Latest posts