False Eyelashes

notmyhand

Alright ladies, well I have finally decided to do something about my sparse, thin, and short eyelashes. I have always been afraid of falsies because I have horrific images of them being obvious or falling away without me noticing or something. But after seeing them in a lot of the tutorials I am keen on the idea of giving them a shot.
So now I have some questions:

1. Can you use them daily? Does it harm your eye or the falsies to be reapplied daily? How long do they stay on without adjusting?
2. How long do they take to apply?
3. Brand wise, any recomendations? And then any certain ones to look for (urls would be appreciated!)? I am looking for something natural for everyday use
4. What would I need to apply them?
5. Finally, can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on applying them? Or explain how to do it?

Thank you beauties!

One more thing
-Sleeping, do they come off? For example, if I took a nap at my boyfriend's house, would I wake up with them on my cheeks or woud they be okay for about an hour nap?

Love Always Ivy

1. Can you use them daily? i use them pretty much daily or at least every other day ... you just gotta get used to putting them on
Does it harm your eye or the falsies to be reapplied daily? i havent experienced any adverse effects.
How long do they stay on without adjusting? ive worn lashes all day long and they were perfect
2. How long do they take to apply? i use them so much it takes me less time than fiddling and declumping mascara
3. Brand wise, any recomendations? for starters i would definetly reccommend running out to CVS or Walgreens and grabbing a pair of ARDELLS - theyre like 3.99 a pair, sometimes less. theyre great quality and not hella expensive. also if you take care of them properly you can get 2 to 3 uses out of them.
And then any certain ones to look for (urls would be appreciated!)? I am looking for something natural for everyday use - there are all different types of lashes, but if you want something more natural looking, you can always trim a pair and cut them up as you please. i like the dramatic look so i like keeping my falsies nice long and super full, but even then sometimes people think theyre my real lashes
4. What would I need to apply them? a set of tweezers and a tube of DUO waterproof eyelash glue - this is hands down the best glue
5. Finally, can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on applying them? Or explain how to do it? i believe in the tutorial section theres a bunch. just do a search.

HTH!

notmyhand

Thanks! So I guess my next question would be - even if I got a mroe expensive pair, would I only get a couple of uses out of it and have to buy new ones every couple of days? Are there any being made that I can have for a longer while without rebuying (I don't mind spending more)?

Love Always Ivy

ive only used Ardell, Smashbox and Sephora.
The ardells are natural fiber, so be careful not to get them wet because then they get kinky and ruined. these are the cheapest and as long as you gently remove the dried adhesive off them after each use, you can get a bunch of uses out of them.
the smashbox ones were more expensive. theyre alot more dramatic lashes and i havent found that i got any more use out of a pair than with the cheapy ardell ones.
the ones that i got the most use out of were my sephora ones. but these are super fake and made of plastic. you can TOTALLY tell. i got more uses out of them because i can wash these and soak them to get any shadow residue off them and glue.

i cant speak for the mac lashes or any other brand but the ones i tried, but for everyday use, i definetly reccomend the ardells or andreas. they have a decent selection and theyre cheap, easy to find, and great for beginning so if you have an accident and ruin the lashes, youre not out too much.

HotPink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy

the ones that i got the most use out of were my sephora ones. but these are super fake and made of plastic. you can TOTALLY tell. i got more uses out of them because i can wash these and soak them to get any shadow residue off them and glue.

What do you use to wash your lashes?

contrabassoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmyhand
Thanks! So I guess my next question would be - even if I got a mroe expensive pair, would I only get a couple of uses out of it and have to buy new ones every couple of days? Are there any being made that I can have for a longer while without rebuying (I don't mind spending more)?

MAC's eyelashes can be used many times, as long as you take care of them and clean them after putting mascara on them. This is a great how-to video that everyone should watch, especially if you wear false eyelashes every day:
YouTube - Cleaning Used Faux Lashes!

(:KrIsTy:)

Theres this product call Enormous Lash and it really works, ive tried it on my brows. Here are some before and after pics (not of me)

3.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

kyoto

I pretty much have a difficult time putting lashes on, but I found a little kit at Sephora that has a little clip that you put the eyelash in, and it keeps it in perfect formation as you put it on your eye. It also comes with a little stand to put your lashes on.