False lashes help!

LatteGoodness

So I need your ladies' help... a while ago I bought some cool false lashes from the nearest MAC store (don't remember which ones they were, but they were just long and the most natural looking of the ones there.)

Anyway, they looked awesome after I would put them on (which always takes me a freaking half an hour because I end up sticking the lashes mid-eyelid... but that's another post entirely) but somehow I kind of scrunched up the outer lashes on my left eyelash one day. I tried to unscrunch them using my fingers, some tweezers... and it barely made a difference. I really liked these lashes too, they made my eyes pop.
crybaby.gif

Soooo, being the cheapo that I am, I was wondering if ya'll know of a way to unscrunch/unkrinkle those few lashes so that I can continue using them without looking like Tammy Faye... I know I could easily buy some more, but if I can repair them, why would I spend more money to get a new pair?

Ya'll's help is appreciated!
yes.gif

pahblov

Have you been removing the glue off the strip after you use them? If not, you might want to give this a try...just gently peel off the glue. If you've gotten glue on the lashes themselves, it's a different story...I don't really have any suggestions, sorry!

MiCHiE

You can try gently curling the lashes to tame them. A heated curler works well.

If glue is your problem, you can remove all the glue with alcohol. It's good to have it in a pump spray bottle so you don't oversatuate the lashes.

Amaranth

A note on using alcohol or make-up remover to clean your lashes: make sure you don't get the entire thing drenched. MAC lashes tend to go all crazy if you get them too wet. To avoid this, I usually just get a Q-Tip and dip it in the rubbing alcohol so I can just gently wash away the glue without soaking the rest of the lashes.

LatteGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahblov
Have you been removing the glue off the strip after you use them? If not, you might want to give this a try...just gently peel off the glue. If you've gotten glue on the lashes themselves, it's a different story...I don't really have any suggestions, sorry!

I have been taking the glue off. I think one time I did that and I accidentally had some of the outer lashes with the glue and it just got all sorts of crinkley. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like there's much else for me to do other than getting a new pair of lashes...
th_dunno.gif

rouquinne

could i recommend buying false eyelashes directly from the manufacturer?

you can get 3 pairs for the same price as one at MAC then you don't have to worry so much about ruining them...

eEyelash.com