Faux-Hawk?

Throwaway Style

So, quite recently (tuesday) I got my hair cut quite short.

724740629_l.jpg

Like this, and I'm considering putting it up in a sort of a faux-hawk, just for fun, and come finals I'll be getting rid of the long bits in the front, and possibly going just a tiny tiny bit shorter, and I was just wondering what some good products for holding a a faux-hawk would be that wouldn't make my hair look all producty and what not.

Any help at all is greatly appritated.

kimmy

my boyfriend straightens his hair, then hairsprays it and then straightens it again, all upward. it's hell on your hair, but it works.

i would suggest something like pomade or some other intense gel, but use it sparingly and then hairsprays it after that. it won't make your hair look TOO producty, but it wiull add some pretty shine!

MACaddict08

Woah a Faux- Hawk would be awesome! I would go for got2b glue...it's pretty cheap too...or any kind of wax would work. Add a little gel after your shower and pull it up while blow drying then add the wax, etc. after it's all the way dry. Let us know how it works out!
smiles.gif

Shawna

I have mine cut in a faux hawk and the best thing ever is matrix tough trix gel. Works every time and no need for a straightener.

user79

Honestly, I've done it with my hair when my top was longer than yours and you definitely need to invest in the Joico Ice Spiker styling glue. It will make your hair stiff as a board and it's perfect for mohawk. It washes out with shampoo.

You need to work fast with it thought before it dries, it may take a few tries for you to get it right. The trick is to apply more at the roots and not at the ends so it doesn't get weighed down. You can apply it when your hair is semi-dry and it's easier to spread.

This is what you need to buy, you can get it at salons.

15605.jpg

Actually, looking at your hair pic again, your top is really short so this should be really easy for you with that product. Trust me on this, the Ice Spiker will stay up, drugstore stuff won't. (I've tried!)

stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
15605.jpg

I used this for this look:

hawk.jpg

makeuphawk.jpg

I'll tell you, that stuff dries QUICK and it HURTS when you try and style it while it's drying! It works, yes, but it SUCKS! It's a b*tch!
smiles.gif

stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
^ Awesome! Did you apply it when your hair was damp or dry?

Good question. I think it was dry. I was about to head out so I did it quick. Turned out ok I think. I got a lot of compliments on it that night.

Latest posts