Fave product for glitter

KTB

I have searched this and found some responses but noticed that many are a bit older and I thought some things might have changed.

I'm looking to do a look for my synchro skating team that involves mucho glitter but need to figure out how best to apply it. I have the water based mixing medium but am not finding that it works very well.

It needs to be something that I can order online since I don't have access to many cosmetics store (okay any) here
ssad.gif
Ideally I'd like to use MAC but am not limited to it.

TIA
cutey.gif

lyttleravyn

I really like the MAC Reflects glitter. I have the Antiqued Gold which is gorgeous, and I really want the Transparent Teal also.

I've always used chapstick to apply my glitter. A little bit on my finger and dab wherever I want the glitter to go. Then use a differet finger or small brush to apply glitter.

Hope that helps
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

You can search for the Eyeliner Mixing Medium on Ebay. I bought it on there about three months ago and I rarely use it. Now I'm going to start using it to apply glitter on my eyes.

LMD84

i always use my mac eyeliner mixing medium medium for glitter. you only need a little bit though because if you use too much it goes crusty!

knoxydoll

I used Benefit's SheLaq (you can get it at most SDM now). I love it. I was once in the rain and none of the glitter moved. The only other thing I would suggest would be Ben Nye Final Spray, I think that's what it's called. It's meant for actors and stage artists. It really does seal everything in. You don't want something water based, since you'll be using it under water.

EDIT:
Doh! you said skating now swimming. I'd still suggest the final spray, it'd keep everything sealed up but still allowing your skin to breathe.

Hilly

I super dooperly love the reflets antique gold glitter. yums! I use mac water based mixing medium and it is PIMPOLA!

dominichulinda

lauren aka QueenofBlendingMUA mention in one of her videos this product she got from sallys called, "gel adhesive for glitter"...she applied and it worked as a liner. UD and Jesse's girl has a "transformer" product that helps w/ glitter and pigments as well.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
lauren aka QueenofBlendingMUA mention in one of her videos this product she got from sallys called, "gel adhesive for glitter"...she applied and it worked as a liner.

I have this. It's o....k...but not as good as water-based or eyeliner mixing medium.