Favorite Bands.

Corvs Queen

So, what bands (BANDS, not singers or groups who don't play their own music) do you like as most you know here I adore the Smashing Pumpkins. I also really like the Cure, The Dandy Warhols, The Editors, Jimmy Chamberlin Complex, Kings of Leon, The Beatles, Pete Yorn. And I do consider Pete Yorn a band because on a lot of his work he has played all the instruments. So talented. Same with Billy Corgan. Right now I am in a rotation between The Smashing Pumpkins (always in with me), The Dandy Warhols and The Editors. So I ask you, what's your favorite bands. What are you especially into now. I SO LOVE MUSIC!!!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Oh I loved the smashing pumpkins back in the day, I was probably 13 or so ( 12 years ago, yikes!) but I stopped listening to them so I cant count them

Lost Prophets is probably my current most listened to band.

Corvs Queen

Shock! How could anyone stop listening to the Pumpkins? I admit that I super fond of Siamese Dream but I love a lot of the Zeitgeist stuff to. I can't get enough of Bleeding the Orchid and Gossamer. Love em!

xbrookecorex

Nothing 'classic' or 'timeless' for me lol...

Say Anything
The Rocket Summer
Newfound Glory (I have loved them since I was 11 years old, still do, special meaning for me
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I am a big fan of:

Death Cab for Cutie
Postal Service
The Shins
Modest Mouse
Incubus
The Dimes
Angels & Airwaves
The Kooks

This list could go on and on but those are the ones that I am really loving right now. You can tell that I like a lot of local Northwest music.
smiles.gif

burnitdown_x

Megadeth
Misfits
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
Suicidal Tendencies
Guns n' Roses
Motley Crue
Judas Priest

And alot more, but I'll leave it at that haha.
Okay... I added more lol.

HeavenLeiBlu

Geez, I had a long reply all typed, out, and my session timed out. I can get long winded about music, LOL. so let's try this sgain, I hope I don't leave anyone out. In no particular order...

Earth, Wind, & Fire

The Isley Brothers

The Funk Brothers (A largely uncredited, and slept on outfit that backed almost all of the legendary Motown records)

The JB's/Maceo and the Macks ( James Brown's legendary backing outfit)

Stevie Wonder and Wonderlove ( and all his later backing bands)

Prince ( & the Revolution, and NPG, and all later incarnations)

The Time

The Deele

Rene & Angela

Kool & the Gang

The Beatles

S.O.S. Band

Atlantic Starr

Skyy

Fatback Band

The Police

Cameo

Fishbone

Tony, Toni, Tone

Mint Condition

MFSB

The Salsoul Orchestra

Nine Inch Nails

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Fania All-Stars

Ohio Players

The Roots

INXS

Hall & Oates

Genesis ( and hello, Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel as solo artists... they played most of their own instruments, then)

Weezer

Maroon 5

Breakestra

Talking Heads

B-52s

Tears For Fears

Omar ( yeah, he's one person but he does all his own instruments, except live. He mostly does keys for live shows. He's also the only short man I'll consider marrying, LOL)

Jack Herrera ( it's not one person, it's an actual band, LOL)

Parliament/Funkadelic

Simply Red

Eagles

Sade/Sweetback

I think I included everyone
winkiss.gif

Corvs Queen

I love Nine Inch Nails and Weezer too. I just got Weezer's Red Album. I like Everybody Gets Dangerous a lot. While the Red album is good, the blue album is hard to beat in my opinion. Oh and Pinkerton was great also. But Hash Pipe. What a joke of a song. I could have written that in 3 minutes. So not cool of Rivers in my opinion.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
I love Nine Inch Nails and Weezer too. I just got Weezer's Red Album. I like Everybody Gets Dangerous a lot. While the Red album is good, the blue album is hard to beat in my opinion. Oh and Pinkerton was great also. But Hash Pipe. What a joke of a song. I could have written that in 3 minutes. So not cool of Rivers in my opinion.

I really like Weezer a lot too! I am so excited for their new album. I heard that they are going to do a small club tour before they go on an arena tour just to jam out with their fans. That would be a lot of fun to go to. I agree that the blue album is their best.

I am also excited for the Coldplay album but I have heard that it is not that good.

Zantedge

Borknagar
Kalmah
Finntroll
Pantera
Rolling Stones
Rage Against The Machine
Amon Amarth
Hypocrisy
Rammstein
Dark Tranquility
Mando Diao

There's a lot more too, but those are my favourites (of bands anyway). Mostly metal and rock. I really like techno too.

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten

I am also excited for the Coldplay album but I have heard that it is not that good.

I really don't like their new single "Violet Hill". While it's a pleasant sounding song it's not really a departure from previous Coldplay. I think that they could have done much better.
thmbdn.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Can you believe w/that long list up there that I actually forgot someone? LMAO

Well, I did, and I remembered because my ipod is on random and one of their songs just popped up.

TORTURED SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yahoo.gif

They are the greatest (and possibly only?) house music band. I dunno how Christian Ulrich can play the drums so furiously and perfectly while he's singing with that swet, sweet voice. I just saw them live , when, last month or so? I dunno how I forgot about them. I suck as a fan, for leaving them off the list.

Corvs Queen

Adding Arcade Fire, Led Zeppelin, New Order, Placebo, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, The Toadies, U2, The White Stripes, Wir Sind Helden, and Zwan.

And speaking of sweet, sweet voices. I have a huge crush on Tom Smith's voice. Plus he's easy on the eyes so that never hurts.
smiles.gif

coachkitten

Geezz...I keep thinking of other bands that I love. This is such a fun thread and I really enjoying finding new bands/music to listen to. I love the White Stripes and the Raconteurs. I think that Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age is so gorgeou!

Corvs Queen

I tend to find Musicians my "type" even if they all have varying looks from each other. I could never imagine a life without music. I owe the Pumpkins so much because I actually met my husband on the old Billy-Corgan.com forum. And speaking of the Raconteurs, I just love the vest that Jack is wearing in their new video.
smiles.gif

rbella

Franz Ferdinand
Prodigy
Journey (don't hate, you know you love them)
Modest Mouse
The Killers
The Fixx (don't hate, you know you love them-Saved by Zero? Come on!!!)

Latest posts