Favorite creme Blushes!

wquty77

Hello Ladies,

I'm new cosmetics, well, fairly new. I've been seriously investing for the past 6 to 7 months on great quality make-up and have been consistently getting more and more interested. I have found great foundations, powders, eyeshadows and the lot for myself. I've even begun to do make-up on friends. However, i can't really find a creme or gel blush that i like for myself or for my other dark skinned friends. I'm an NC50 in th center of my face in studio sculpt and studio fix, and an Nw 45 on the outer portion, in the same foundations. Moreover, most of my friends, or the people that i apply make-up for are around those shades as well and i just can't seem to find a company or a product that shows up on any of us.

I really respect all of your opinions and would love to get some suggestions....
thanks.

Ode to Joy

Have you tried Ben Nye Creme Rouge (available as a wheel and in single pots)?
I am not a WOC, but I have seen some WOC using that.

aussiemacluvrrr

I'm only NC40, but I have seen a lot of ladies that are NC40 and above raving about the new MAC cremeblend blushes (Lillyland Collection) in particular Florida and Optimistic Orange. Illamasqua also make really vibrant, gorgeous cream blushes.

You should check out the Lillyland thread --> http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...ussion-150536/

I think I remember seeing women post photos with the blushes on their cheeks and they really show up well
greengrin.gif

HTH!

lenchen

I love NARS cactus flower, turkish red and montenegro. NARS has a cream to powder finish which I love!

Becca has great cream blushes. I adore Dahlia.

BB's pot rouges are also nice. Chocolate cherry should show up nicely. I love Milk Chocolate for a nice neutral look.

Nars Goldmember is an excellent highlighter.

I recently bought a Kevyn Aucoin cream blush in Liquifuschia. It's a lovely hot pink.

If you can find it, MAC's Just a Pinch gel blush from last year works well.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
Have you tried Ben Nye Creme Rouge (available as a wheel and in single pots)?
I am not a WOC, but I have seen some WOC using that.

Agreed. the color Blush coral is BEAUTIFUL on brown girls.

Face2Mac

NYX Creme blushes. $6 on cherryculture. The pigmentation and staying power is great. They are very creamy but won't come off oily.
If you look at MAC Lillyland blushes here are the NYX dupes:
Florida is NYX Hot Pink, exact dupe, someone put it on YT.
Optimistic Orange is NYX Orange
So Sweet is Glow

My favorite is NYX Diva (is a warm burgundy), Orange and Hot Pink.
HTH

wquty77

ok so i got some from ben nye!! Let me tell you, they are the bomb dot com. so richly pigmented and not overly sticky! i love to use the one in Coral and use my favorite blush for woc, Spiced Plum by l'oreal, over it. it creates just the most stunning cheek color. thanks so much for the suggestions... i think i'll try the nyx and bobbi brown ones next!

moondeva

I have to step up and show some love for the discontinued(?) but still available (ebay, Amazon) L'Oreal HiP Blendable Blushing Creams. These much missed beauties are the best!

For reference I am a cooltoned milk chocolate wearing Sleek Natural Look Foundation in Sepia (equivalent to Revlon Colourstay Caramel or MAC NW43/45).

I have and love:
Glorious - similar to MAC Raizin but less red
Elated - similar to MAC LoveCrush
Coquette - Bright shocking pink in the pan but a pretty kiss of pink sunlight on the cheek.
Thrilled - Matte brick red. A beautiful colour! I tend to only use this in deep summer when my tone darkens a few shades to full Sleek Natural Foundation Hot Chocolate / MAC NW45. I may use this even less in future as I now use a higher strength sunscreen/block all year round.

For you lovely warm toned ladies I highly recommend Tickled. It is a deep red-copper frost with subtle gold shimmer. I wish I could do it justice. Looks a delicious pink toned coral on me but I am not comfortable wearing coral on my skintone.

These blushes seem drier than other cream blushes at first but keep using and the silky underlayer appears. The denser formulation aids lasting power and they are all SUPER pigmented so a little goes a long, long way.

I LOVE these beauties.

antigone21

I am NC40-42 and I love NYX rouge creme blushes. I have Tea Rose and Glow and they show off nicely on me. They are buildable and very creamy, so you can either go for a subtle look or an obvious look. The brighter colours seem to be Red Cheek, Hot Pink and Orange, but as I said, they are buildable.

milamonster

infared by smashbox. u get a lotttt. its bright red too. i hope its not dcd but its one of the first cream blushes i ever got.

mufey

My fave is the Becca Lip and Cheek Creme in Petal, pretty peachy pink shade - no greasy/sticky feel.