Favorite Eye Primer from Mac?

equiworks

Hi everyone,

What's your favorite eyelid primer from MAC? I need something that's going to help my eyeshadow stay a little longer. I normally work 10-12 hour days, and am needing some "stay put" power.

Thanks!!

Holli

Susanne

As far as I know there is just one real eye primer from MAC - Prep+Prime Eye.

Others use Paint Pots as a base as well.

For me both alternatives don't work on my oily lids - I prefer primers from other brands like Benefit or UDD.

tthelwell

I agree with Susanne. The MAC Prep + Prime Eye is the only 'real' eye primer from MAC that I know of.

The MAC Paintpots make great eyeshadow bases but can crease on oily lids since they are not meant to be creaseless primers like Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP) or Too Faced Shadow Insurance (TFSI).

Chrystia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
As far as I know there is just one real eye primer from MAC - Prep+Prime Eye.

Others use Paint Pots as a base as well.

For me both alternatives don't work on my oily lids - I prefer primers from other brands like Benefit or UDD.

Prep and prime Eye is not really meant to be an eyeshadow primer in the same sense as a paint pot or other bases. It helps neutralize the colour of the lid and allows for easier blending of emollient and powder products. I would not rely on this product to help with lasting power personally.

The main eyeshadow bases from MAC (as mentioned) are the paint pots and paints. If you have oily lids I recommend using the paints. If you are normal to dry, I would recommend paint pots.

My personal experience with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance was they both creased on me heavily. Yet many people swear by these products and say they get better non creasing results from them. Personally I typically just use select cover up concealer from MAC as my base.

So it really comes down to testing them all out and seeing what works best for you.

Miss Berri

Paints are going to be the best thing MAC has to offer. They still dont work for me neither does udpp. Two faced shadow insurance is good with a base on top but I've found that the primer can separate in the tube making it useless. I've heard good things about Nars eyeshadow primer. Thats the next one for me to try'