Favorite eye shadow shades for Blue eyes?

veilchen

I think about getting some more fluidlines and was just wondering which would be best for my blue-grey eyes ...

I already have Brassy, Richground, Waveline, Macroviolet and Frostlite, and thought about getting Blue Peep and Royal Wink too. But what about Sweet Sage and Silverstroke? I just recently got totally into greens and thought Sweet Sage might be a great colour, but would it be suitable for me?

What do you think? Any ideas?

Oh, since I'm writing already - does anyone maybe know of an e/s that resembles Pink Opal pigment? I'm not overtly happy with mine except as shimmer on my cheekbones and shoulders and was searching for an alternative to use on my eyes ...

mspixieears

Sweet Sage isn't the most vibrant colour, so it should suit you. It looks like the sort of colour that could suit a wide range of people. But RoyaL Wink sounds like it could be too bright for you? Just my opinion. Blue Peep you might have more luck with. I guess it depends on your skintone too.

Can't help with the Pink Opal pigment though.
th_confused_new.gif

Sanne

BLUE PEEP!!!!

I don't know how the other colors look on skin, I only tried the blue peep and Royal

Shawna

I have blue eyes and sweet sage works great for me. As for pink opal, I always wear mine over Vex e/s. They go great together and since both have an iridesence, they really shine together. Of course, I am like a little magpie, gotta have the sparkley stuff.

Attachments

• 150.JPG
    150.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 0

eyeshadowfreak

I think Sweet Sage would look very pretty on you.

I personally LOVE Blue Peep. It's a great, vibrant turquiose. To balance it out, I usually use a more neutral eyeshadow, like Jest or Hush.

I say try it. You might really like it.

veilchen

thanks a lot for your thoughts and input!! I will go and have a look at Blue Peep and Sweet Sage, but I'm already *quite* sure that I will end up buying them ;-)

ruby_soho

I myself have very fair skin, blond and brown hair, and blue eyes. I love using any purple MAC makes, Idol Eyes, Leisuretime (LE but still kicking around), and Creme de Violet look great with blue eyes. I love Ploof! as a highlight colour. If you're into bright eye makeup, reds and oranges really make blue eyes stand out, like Red Brick Pro, Coppering, Flammable paint. Hope this helps some!

rouquinne

Mulch eyeshadow is perfect for you. try Hug Me lipstick and/or VG5.

these are basics almost anyone can wear.

blueyedlady87

Calling all blue eyed girls!

What eyeshadows do you guys use to make blue eyes really pop? MAC is prefered, but any brand is welcome. Thanks guys.
smiles.gif

veilchen

I've got blue eyes as well, and I just love peaches/shimmery oranges and gold/bronze colours to make the blue really stand out!

I like these best: Corn, Mangomix and Penny shadesticks; Say Yeah and Bagatelle e/s (these were LE, but I love All That Glitters as a substitute), Expensive Pink e/s, Melon pigment, Deckchair pigment (if you can still find it, but I just got Goldenair pigment from Lingerie and it's really close and soooo beautiful), Amber Lights e/s is lovely, too, as is Juiced e/s and Gorgeous Gold or Goldmine e/s. Gleam e/s is so pretty as well, but I can't make this lustre work for me, but maybe you want to give it a try?!

Apart from MAC I just adore Bobbi Brown's Apricot Shimmerbrick - a gorgeous compilation of peachy colours.

HTH!!

Shawna

Coppering is my favorite to really make my blue eyes stand out, but anything with orange, copper, gold, or amber tones in it works. Also, purples work really well too. The new pigment lovely lily works wonders. I also love pearl of the earth and cinders from the trend palette (so much, I bought 2) It might depend on what shade your blue eyes are though. Mine are a dark blue and I find those colours really compliment my eye colour. My sister has almost ice blue eyes and turquoise colours make her eyes pop. Have fun playing around.

KJam

I agree with veilchen about peaches - even oranges are nice. Also love the shadesticks she mentioned.

For really blue, nothing beats parrot. If I'm feelign sparkly, For the Boys and Peacocky glitterliners really make them pop.

blueyedlady87

Wow! Thank you all so much for the tips! That really helps me out. i think I'm going to go back and get Lovely Lilly. I wish could get my hands on a Parrot! thanks again gals!

*Hugs*
<3 Lauren

pumpkincat210

I don't have blue eyes, but I think blues or turquoise would look excellent. Some colors to check out.. Freshwater, Deep truth, Moon's Reflection, Zonk Bleu, Steamy, Shimmermoss. Woodwinked is also nice for a neutral color. HTH!

veilchen

I've got blue eyes, too, and these are my favourites:

Pink Freeze, Say Yeah, Bagatelle, Expensive Pink, Amber Lights, Elite, Melon pigment, Deckchair pigment (or Goldenaire) - I would say all of these look best against my eye colour. I also just love greens and think that this gives a nice kick against the blue, e.g. Sprout or Lucky Green. But I like the peach/apricot/bronze shades best!

AudreyNicole

Green shadows on blue eyes?

I am wondering what the majority feels about this. I have blue eyes, and LOVE green shadows, but I don't know how I feel about them on me since my eyes are blue. I usually stick to pink and purple shades for my eyes, but I despirately want to go GREEN! I am fair skinned, with blue eyes, and blonde hair. Help me choose some green MAC shades that might look ok on me, please!!
smiles.gif

Latest posts