Favorite mattes?

FiestyFemme

I've decided I need more matte shades for crease/outer V work. I guess I've gotten older and my tastes have changed, but now I can't stand too much shimmer! So, what are your favorite matte shades? Doesn't matter the brand, as I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

panda0410

Showstopper was great - I was a clown and swapped mine away and wish now that I hadnt
ssad.gif
I dont use a lot of mattes, but I do love French Violet pigment, that colour rocks and I love that its a matte!! Most of my other mattes are really dark shades since I use them mostly for crease work, carbon, spiced chocolate, dark edge, the most notable exception being Newly Minted - gorgeous lid colour against my brown eyes
smiles.gif

cryS7al

I like Mac Espresso e/s for my lid crease and outer corner, it's a medium/dark brown perfect for a neutral look. I suggest Charcoal brown as well, it's a little bit lighter than Espresso
winks.gif
. If you like the purple smokey look you can also try Shadowy Lady e/s, but this is very dark

Tinnsla

I've also been loving mattes and satins more and more as I get older...and neutrals in particular (getting more conservative I guess
tong.gif
)

Some of my favorites are: Blanc Type, Wedge, Cork, Couquette, Quarry, Sushi Flower, Folie and Espresso.

I will also sometimes just use my "winter" MSF natural as an all over eye shadow, brightens up my eyes without looking like I have a ton of shadow on
thmbup.gif

GlamQueen21

My favorite mattes are Carbon and Shadowy Lady. I also adore Yogurt too. I'm now starting to love Passionate again since it's a great outer V color.

radarlove

Soft Brown x a million!! My favourite MAC eyeshadow. Not the most exciting but it's a staple for me!

Also Saddle, Embark, Haux, and Brun as a liner. The last 2 are technically satins but come out matte. They have no shimmer, I promise.

FiestyFemme

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll definitely check into them. I'm still open to recs, so keep them coming if you've got them!
smiles.gif

Caderas

Omega, Carbon, Brown Down, Sushi Flower, Plumage, Scene, Gesso, Folie.

i don't own much other mattes from any other company except for a really nice cool-redened brown from Make-up Designory (MUD) called Berrywood! i saw you have hazel eyes and thought that'd be fan-freakin'-tastic with them! HTH!