Favorite NARS products for WOC

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiedoll03
I need to check out this lippie.

I posted lipstick swatches in the Nars Swatch thread if you're interested.
graucho.gif

honybr

I decided to try Strawberry Fields because of all the rave reviews here. That lipgloss is the truth! Immediate love. I'm going to have to try the blushes now because the few I swatched were gorgeous.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr
I decided to try Strawberry Fields because of all the rave reviews here. That lipgloss is the truth! Immediate love. I'm going to have to try the blushes now because the few I swatched were gorgeous.

Don't you love it when products actually live up to their hype!!! And it's crazy how opaque the color is too.

I wonder what makes Strawberry Fields so universally flattering? Everybody looks good with it -- from NC 10 to NW60.
tong.gif

ETA: I revisited Striptease l/g today. And while I still don't like the nasty, plastic smell that it (and some of the other NARS lippies) has -- I was able to completely cover the scent by using a menthol-based lip balm underneath the gloss. It really gave me a beautiful milky beige lip.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr

In my sephora cart waiting for the F&F sale. I love this color. thank goodness NARS keeps their newly released items for a while. If this were MAC, it would be sold out by now.

I am going to add China Blue to my list of faves. I don't have it yet, but its beautiful, and its going to look GOOD on!

BeautyByLele

I went to Sephora today and I just had to check out Strawberry Fields after all the wonderful reviews, and guess . . . what I didn't like it
shrugs.gif
. It just didnt work for me!!! But hey thats okay b/cuz that just means its one more left for the peeps that love it . . haha!

I didnt buy anything cuz Im going to wait for the Sephora FF sale, so my online shopping cart is well stocked w/ other nars products!!!

Noussie

Has any of you ladies NC40 and up tried Douceur blush?
I wanna get this but i'm afraid it wont show up on my NC42-44 skin..

Ingenue

I have it (I'm NC43). It's VERY subtle. If you're looking for something to show up.. skip it. It's a lot of $$ to pay for blush that's not really going to have much color payoff.

honybr

Ain't that the truth? You'll look great in this color! Be sure and post a picture in your blog.

BeautyByLele

I just received my first NARS lip gloss . . . Downtown !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I must say I looooooooooooooooove it
rasta.gif
, havent been this excited about a lipgloss in a long time
yahoo.gif
. I think Im going to get Bougainville . . Thanks ladies

WhatWouldJoanDo

so miss beautybylele, how is it that you only have 1 gloss??!!!
I'm shocked! ;-)

I just received my first NARS lip gloss . . . Downtown !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I must say I looooooooooooooooove it
rasta.gif
, havent been this excited about a lipgloss in a long time
yahoo.gif
. I think Im going to get Bougainville . . Thanks ladies

BeautyByLele

Hahaha . . . I now have 2 Nars glosses (Downtown & Moonfleet), 1 l/s (Honolulu Honey) & I have 8 (i think) Nars Blushes. Im just now getting into their l/s and glosses. I think I am going to get the 3 piece duo lip set with this new promo code

DILLIGAF

I'm just popping in to throw my hat in the ring for the WOC that love Honolulu Honey. For me it is the PERFECT no lipstick lipstick. It's a natural on me more than a nude. I think I will be backing this up very very soon.

shontay07108

Shadow Duos: Bateau Ivre Rated R Lip Gloss: Downtown Stella Bad Education Strawberry Fields Lipstick: Roman Holiday Honolulu Honey Blush: Taj Mahal LoveJoy Mounia

sss215

I love Luster, Scandal, and Nana lipglosses right now

I also love Tanganyka lipstick. That is a beautiful neutral.

BeautyByLele

I stopped by the nars counter yesterday and I was able to swatch Gina, Gilda. They are both very pretty colors so I will be picking these up with my next Nars order, also I have the 3 piece duo lip set in my cart as well. I also placed New Order in my cart but Im unsure, I think I need to see more swatches. I hope its not super glittery and sparkly (although from the few swatches Ive seen, it looks that way)