favourite skincare brand?

Morgana

I am looking to get a few products that I can use in a daily basis to care of my skin, but of course I fear every time I go to a shop and ask this they just try to convince me to buy a lot of expensive stuff that does nothing to me.

then I look on ebay and everybody promises things that dont work like acne treatments and so on and seem a bit of a joke

taking in mind the incompatibilities that could be using different brands for a daily care I am asking you what is your fav brand and what you use for your skin to keep it perfect?

is there any musthaves you have found and are extremelly happy with?

smiles.gif

Onederland

DDF or Kiehls.

DDF has a great acne foam cleanser, i use it everday, and i NEVER get breakouts, EVER, well unless im super stressed, but that doesnt happen until finals week. Either way, i dont have acne. But to keep anything at bay, i use that.

DDF also has the Pink Grapefruit Cleanser which i use at Night, its pink foam, that smells like Grapefruit and highly gentle and energizing.

Kiehls is relatively cheap compared to others. But i prefer their moiturizers and toners. Their toners are really nice and giv eyou that fresh tingly feeling, and the moisturizers are soo smooth and dewy. Their fae masks and scrubs also leave you glowing...try the Papaya and Pineapple Scrub, if your into that.

Morgana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederland
DDF or Kiehls.

DDF has a great acne foam cleanser, i use it everday, and i NEVER get breakouts, EVER, well unless im super stressed, but that doesnt happen until finals week. Either way, i dont have acne. But to keep anything at bay, i use that.

DDF also has the Pink Grapefruit Cleanser which i use at Night, its pink foam, that smells like Grapefruit and highly gentle and energizing.

Kiehls is relatively cheap compared to others. But i prefer their moiturizers and toners. Their toners are really nice and giv eyou that fresh tingly feeling, and the moisturizers are soo smooth and dewy. Their fae masks and scrubs also leave you glowing...try the Papaya and Pineapple Scrub, if your into that.

Are DDF and Kiehls regular brands? I have never heard of them
th_confused_new.gif
I am based in the UK, it might be worth a look on the net though! is DDF the initials of something?
smiles.gif

thanks a lot for the recommendations, off to google now hehe

jasper17

Murad and Kiehl's. I have psychotic skin and I started using Murad Refreshing cleanser with Kiehl's oil free moisturizer and this is the first time in my almost 30 years where I'm not greasy and breaking out all over the place.

thenumberdevil

origins! spot remover=acne is gone, their masks are good, and i love the checks and balances (for combo skin) cleanser.

Juneplum

i second that thenumbedevil.. origins is GREAT! i use the checks &balances foaming wash for my face, spot remover when i break out, the charcoal clay mask once a week.. their night a mins moisturizer for face and eyes at night.. i also use clinique's clarifying lotion #2 and the moisture in control during the day as i also have combo skin.. i find both brands work very well together =)

singinmys0ng

I just use the ol' reglular dial soap in liqiod kind. Works great for me! lol OH and i've been taking one Vit. E pill and that seems to help a lot too!

Morgana

thanks a lot for the recommendations, I am checking them all to see if there is anything easy to get here.

Its interesting about the Vit E, who recommended it to you? and what does it do? thanks a lot again
smiles.gif

singinmys0ng

well my mom recomended it to me because she used to take them a lot as well when her skin broke out..I think it has someting to do with the vit. in your skin..i think because we tend to break out because we dont have enough vit. e to fight off all the yucky bacteria ..but only take one pill because if you take way too much vit. e then it clears out ur blood line or something like that lol..but i dont even get the expensive kind..i use Kroger brand haha

panties

DDF is a skincare line if you have some serious acne or wrinkle problem. I've spent a lot on money on DDF *Doctors Dermatologic Formula* and it's done nothing but make my face look worse. The only thing that's worth from their line is their sulfur mask.

I stick to eucerin and aquaphor (drugstore brands) and it doesn't hurt my face...i heard kiehl's is good...i have yet to try it.

edit: i still use aquaphor when my skin is super dry, but as for my regular skinline i use LUSH's shangri la as my everyday cream, LUSH's angels on bare skin & aqua marina, and their eau roma water toner =)

Morgana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
Dermalogica!!!!!

or Biotherm
smiles.gif

wich products in concrete make the difference?
smiles.gif

Turbokittykat

Most of my skincare is based on Dermalogica products because my skin is too sensitive to use most other brands. I have dry skin, prone to blocked pores on my nose, so my experiences may not be the case for everyone.

I use (and love):

Dermalogica
- Ultra Calming Cleanser (daily)
- Daily Microfoliant (daily - good for preventing blocked pores))
- Gentle Soothing Booster (when needed)
- Barrier Repair (daily)
- Intensive Moisture Balance (daily)
- Intensive Moisture Masque (as a mask, weekly)

I used to use Dermalogica's Soothing Eye Makeup Remover too, but I have a habit of getting eye makeup removal creams in my eyes, (which they don't like), so now I stick to using Olay wipes.

Biotherm
- Biosensitive for Dry Skin Soothing Protecting Nurturing Moisturiser (whenever my skin feels like it needs it)

I should stress I frequently forget about my skincare routine, so the frequencies represent the ideal
winks.gif

I also love LUSH skincare.

Turbokittykat

Incidentally, Dermalogica sell themselves as a line good for sensitive skin, so they are really good about giving out samples to try before you buy. Have a look at the Dermalogica UK website and see if you have a salon or therapist who uses Dermalogica in your area. If so, call them up and go along for a consultation and ask for samples.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by singinmys0ng
I just use the ol' reglular dial soap in liqiod kind. Works great for me!

OMG!! That just made me cringe!!

Do you know how bad that is for your skin? It strips away all of your natural oils w/o giving anything back. You're aging your skin on a daily basis.

Please, please, please get yourself a regular cleanser! If you don't want to spend too much $$$, Cetaphil is great.