Feel like I'm in a rut, help please!

MAC-Addict03

Ok so I've been using MUFE mat velvet foundation and some days Mac studio fix for about over a year. I also started using the MUFE cream camouflage concealer palette under my foundation for skin redness and blemishes. I'm finding that the concealer feels dry on my chin area (wear im most acne prone) any suggestions? The problem i'm having is that although I'm wearing concealer and foundation and all that good stuff, I'm not happy with my overall look when i'm done applying my foundation. I feel like I can still see the imperfections in my face as if I am not wearing makeup. I see pretty girls even on this site and they look so clear and blemishes don't show as bad as mine do. I don't know if I'm just in a rut lately or if I'm loosing it lol. Anyone got any suggestions or ever feel like this? I'm not looking to achieve a flawless look but I don't see improvement in my oily combination acne prone skin lately. Sorry if i'm rambling but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you lovely ladies!!

specktra_rocks.gif

anita22

It seems that your skin might be the underlying issue here rather than the makeup. Have you thought about seeing a dermatologist? I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and never saw any improvement until I got some proper help. (In the long run, it's cheaper than spending money on product after product that shows no difference). At the moment I use Retin-A to keep my skin clear.

Also, remember that photos don't always reflect reality - I'm sure many people are selective about the photos they post here (I know I am!), and lights/cameras can make skin look different to how it does in real life. Don't feel the need to compare yourself!

gildedangel

For the concealor, do you warm it up a little before you use it? I do that with my cream concealor and it really helps it to not look cakey. Could you post a full face picture with your foundation on? You may just be seeing the imperfections because you know that they are there, not because they peek out from under your makeup.

MAC-Addict03

I actually do have an appointment scheduled to see a dermatologist in February so maybe that is the problem, I just needed someone Else's opinion other than my own. I was seeing a dermo last year and I did see some improvements in my skin but I had a bad doctor so I stopped going (she always overbooked, then when you got to see her 2 hours after sitting in a waiting room she'd ask if what she had me on (doxicyclean?) was working and then I'd be rushed out) but I am going to a new dr in feb so i'm hoping this will help.

I know photo quality isn't always the best thing when seeing peoples pictures, I think I've been having bad breakouts and was having a few bad days but I will get through it. Thanks for your help I greatly appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
It seems that your skin might be the underlying issue here rather than the makeup. Have you thought about seeing a dermatologist? I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and never saw any improvement until I got some proper help. (In the long run, it's cheaper than spending money on product after product that shows no difference). At the moment I use Retin-A to keep my skin clear.

Also, remember that photos don't always reflect reality - I'm sure many people are selective about the photos they post here (I know I am!), and lights/cameras can make skin look different to how it does in real life. Don't feel the need to compare yourself!

User49

My skins not at its best at the moment either. I think after Christmas its normal for skin to be a bit unhappy.

I'd reccommend

Using Clinique Anti Blemish soap, toner and oil free moisturizer twice a day. And for areas that are acnic I use the spot treatment with salicylic acid.

No picking skin. Lots of water. The usual what you put in your body malarcky advice. It works!

I'm also going to give Estee Lauders Advanced Night Repair a try.

MizzTropical

I love Revlon Colorstay's Blemish concealer, it covers perfectly and it actually clears pimples, that way ur not just covering the problem, your helping it go away at the same time! You can also try green concealer underneath your regular concealer to help really cancel out any redness.

And I agree with looking into your skincare routine. Make sure your washing every trace of makeup off everynight and use a good toner/moisturizer. I would also look into a good night treatment to help heal any acne u have at the moment and help prevent it. Tea tree oil is amazing for pimples.
smiles.gif

Vixxan

I am currently testing MUFE full coverage concealer and the camouflage concealer. When I first purchased these items I thought they were providing excellent coverage but now that I'm really paying attention to my makeup I find that they don't. MUFE concealers do not provide good coverage with Studio Fix foundations. I found that these concealers provide limited coverage with foundations other than MUFE. For me the full coverage concealer didn't last very long with Studio Fix, Graftobian and other foundations. The full coverage concealer did last pretty much all day with MUFE HD foundation.

Since I need a concealer that's going to work with all of my foundations I decided to test three other concealers. So far none of them are providing long lasting coverage.

I have found some really nice foundations including MUFE Matte Velvet I just need a good concealer. If I find one that works I will post it here for you.

Strawberrymold

I agree with Anita22. The camera hides a lot and the gals and guys on specktra are going to post the best of the best as far as picks are concerned. I would not let anyones FOTD make you doubt yourself.

I have very acne prone and oily skin as well. I found that once I got over the need to try to hide my skin type and all my imperections with my foundation and concealer... my results improved. I use to try to get full coverage all over just to hide my scars and skin texture because I didn't like it. Once I just started focusing on the areas that needed the most coverage and sheering down the rest...OMG... my skin looked sooo much better. I was just using way too much product and trying way to hard. I was working against my skin type rather than with it. (not saying that you do this, just a little story of what worked for me in hopes it might offer a little insperation)

also using less product allows my skin to breath and my face has cleared up a lot as well. Good skin care helps too. I cannot sing enough praises for Lush coal face soap. That stuff has changed my life!

HTP

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC-Addict03
I actually do have an appointment scheduled to see a dermatologist in February so maybe that is the problem, I just needed someone Else's opinion other than my own. I was seeing a dermo last year and I did see some improvements in my skin but I had a bad doctor so I stopped going (she always overbooked, then when you got to see her 2 hours after sitting in a waiting room she'd ask if what she had me on (doxicyclean?) was working and then I'd be rushed out) but I am going to a new dr in feb so i'm hoping this will help.

I know photo quality isn't always the best thing when seeing peoples pictures, I think I've been having bad breakouts and was having a few bad days but I will get through it. Thanks for your help I greatly appreciate it!

That doesn't sound so great! Keep at it though - I have seen maybe 4 different dermatologists over the years as well as GPs, some good, some not so good. Having the right person does make a difference. Hang in there!

MAC-Addict03

Thank you all ladies for your help, I will def be checking out all the recommendations mentioned above, I feel alot better
winks.gif

specktra_rocks.gif