fellow bloggers/youtubers, help?!

fashionjunkiexx

how do you deal with negative comments?
it just makes me feel like s**t because i spend time doing these videos and posts for no other reason than to help and entertain people, tbf these people are literally only posting these comments/messages to hurt me other wise they could just leave it and keep their thoughts to themselves, they dont have to watch me or read my stuff if they dont want to..
do any of you reply to these comments? if so what tone do they use in your replys?

i feel so disheartened.. im trying my best!

coachkitten

People are entitled to their opinions but when their comments are nasty and non-constructive then I would just ignore them, delete them, and/or block them. It does hurt but you shouldn't waste your time letting them get to you.
smiles.gif
Just keep doing what you are doing and focus on the positive things that your readers/watchers say.
smiles.gif

gildedangel

If the comments are not constructive or kind I delete them and block them. Remember that people think that they are the sh*t when they are simply cowards hiding behind a computer screen. The whole reason that they leave mean comments is because they want attention, so to delete it and act like it never happened is the best thing to do. Remember that there are lots of people who love what you do and really appreciate it!
smiles.gif

Almond_Eyed

Anytime you make yourself public you're going to face some kind of criticism, even if it's rude or unfair. There are a lot of immature people out there who have nothing better to do than to put down others. They don't know you, why should you care about the stupid things they say? Don't let the haters get to you, they have issues of their own. Hope you feel better <3

hello_kitty

Delete/block the people...

People all grow a big set of balls when they get behind a keyboard. The best thing you can do is NOT reply, because that usually just furthers the situation. When trolls are ignored, they usually go away because they're only after the drama.

I had youtube videos on my "race" car, and I would just disable the comments so I wouldn't have to deal with all the nonsense. Worked well! So that is always an option

JGunnar

So far I've just ignored unless it's spam I delete.

I posted an entertainment video a week ago and someone called me a Monkey and a few people 1 starred that video. I just left it because I figured they just wanna get to me and if I leave it I'm showing them I don't care what they say.

LMD84

this is the reason why i don't do youtube! i'm scared to put myself out there because there are so many nasty people that are just out to bring others down. thing is hun, people probs do love your vids and blog posts, but some people just like bitching at things. and if they can be mean they will. purely because they have nothing more exciting in there lives. so ignore it, keep posting because these morons are in the minority!

Kragey

People often ask me, how can I not care what others think of me? It's because one day, I came to the realization that there are always people who will hate you or judge you, even if they've only caught a glimpse of you, and that's just a fact of life.

But you know what? They don't matter. Those people don't effect your life in any way. It's the people who DO love you and who see you for who you REALLY are, faults and all, that really matter. So I wear my fishnet shirts and my neon eyeshadow, and I just hold in the giggles when people look offended by my appearance or ask stupid questions.

The same goes for YouTube. I've only recently started adding make-up vids to YT, mostly for the benefit of my RL friends, and while I haven't received any horrible comments yet, I know I'll get a few from people who think you have to be 'OMG AN "EXPERT" TO POST ABOUT MAKE-UP, U SUCK." And I'll laugh when that happens, because really, some people take things too seriously. :p

So, in short, you have to realize that people are never satisfied, that they beat on the few people on YouTube who really are masters (QueenofBlendingMUA, WhatStyleIsToNickel, etc.), and that it's just the internet, so their opinions really don't mater. If you're happy and you're proud of what you've done, that's what counts.

It hurts when people leave bad comments but you have to remeber that everyone is going to have haterz and not everyone is going to agree with what you have to say. You pretty much have to ignore the negative comments and keep doing your thing. Always remember that everyone has haterz and if someone is leaving bad comments that just means that you're moving up
smiles.gif
Also try to remember the people you are helping. Also you can block comments from negative people, or block comments all together. I usually don't reply to people that leave bad comments because its not worth responding.

fashionjunkiexx

thanks so much for the support everyone
smiles.gif
means alott, i was just really upset as id had a particularly nasty message.. but then i just read through all my positive ones and it inspired me to keep going because there really are people who care, all of your words inspired me aswell.. people on specktra are so kind!

anita22

Please don't let it put you off, you have a wonderful blog and it'd be a shame for you to stop posting!
Like everyone has said, there are just horrible, immature people out there. I am sure that almost any blogger gets targeted by these sorts of comments sooner or later so try not to take it to heart. (It's hard I know.. but just remember they don't know the real you at all.. not to mention, clearly have bad manners..)

astronaut

Delete, block. I also have the comment settings where I don't see comments rated under -5 so I can delete them without even seeing the message
smiles.gif

There are stressful situations in life that we just can't avoid so I'm not going to bother dealing with added unnecessary stress from the internet which is supposed to be fun.