Fighting with an ebay-seller about the "fakeness" of his brushes: Am I Right?

Hey there,

I've already posted this reply into the "before buying brushes on ebay...."-thread, but maybe you can help me here as well! Thanks so much!

I'm new to MAC and only getting into the high quality makeup industry recently. But I'm eager to learn and I'm afraid I already have to learn from the first mistake I made:

I bought a brush set on ebay! And once I got it I wasn't as happy as I had expected to be when I held 10 brand new MAC brushes in my hands...

So, once I was suspicious my brushes might be FAKE, I started doing some research on the internet and I found YOU. I wish I had read this threat BEFORE I ordered the brushes. But the brushes looked very good on the ebay pictures AND the seller is a power seller who only sells Bobbi Brown and MAC brushes and has 600 positive ratings!

Anyway, I need your help. I'm not feeling to good about the set and don't have a MAC counter/store close where I could pop into and ask an actual MAC makeup artist. I already sent a message to the seller, that I suspected the brushes to be fake. He just replied: "If aou don't want them, send them back. They are 100% authentic, check my reputation". I won't have a problem to get the price back. But if I was sure, the brushes are fake, I could also get the postage back and wouldn't have to pay for the return postage. And honestly: I think I'm right and hate the fact, that this guy is claiming the opposite...

So, ladies, I could need some backup from you!

I had problems putting the pictures of my brushes on specktra, so I set up a blog especially for the purpose to show you the brushes:

lisalovescapetown.blogspot.com [edit March 7, 2009: i deleted that post in my blog since I found out that the brushes are fake and am now posting the pictures to ebay, mac, etc]

You can see pictures and some more details about the brushes on there.

Please check out the blog and tell me what you experts think: FAKE or AUTHENTIC???

I'm very curious if I was right.

Thanks so much already!!!

Love, Lisa

Thank you soooo much!
th_worship.gif
I needed some back up!

And yes, it's brush_king (hahaha, nice name...)

I've sent the brushes back. He is obliged by law to send me a full refund (including postage etc.). He also claimed that I was responsible for the costs of the return parcel, which is complete bullshit (sorry...).

Anyway, I will wait till I have my money back and then talk to ebay, write a bad rating etc.

I'm just wondering: How can his ebay reputation be 100% positive with more than 600 people that have rated him???
th_confused_new.gif

TISH1124

I don't fight with sellers...File a paypal claim ...send them back...get a refund....Brushes were not received as expected....

A lot of people rate before they realize they have fake stuff...and others just don't know ever that they are fake or don't care.

M.A.C. head.

LOL Sooo fake.

It sucks that you have to pay the return postage but at least you're going to get your money back. You're right to wait to get your money before writing your review.

nendaria

Be sure to send it back with tracking in case you need to file a claim, if it is over $250 be sure to get a signature. Paypal policies for not as described claims.

D.

I seem to be very unlucky with these brushes:

It looks like the German postal service LOST the brushes on their way back to the seller. And I chose a service where you actually CAN TRACK the parcel over the internet.
ssad.gif

And now I found out that - even though I chose the extra service - the parcel is only insured for a value of 20 € (I paid 120€ for the brushes). And now I'm fighting with the post office as well...

Poor me
th_drool.gif

caffn8me

I suspect you haven't raised a dispute with eBay and PayPal.

Had you done so they may well have refunded your money without you having to return the brushes. As Tish says, far better to deal with eBay and PayPal than the seller. The seller is continuing to offer fake brushes to sell so it hasn't stopped them. If every time they sell fake brushes, eBay and PayPal refund the payment without requiring the buyer to return the items, the seller will very quickly stop.

By returning the brushes (which are illegal to sell) all you do is allow the seller to put them on eBay again for some other unsuspecting purchaser.

I haven't used PayPal to pay for the brushes. The seller doesn't even list PayPal as one of the payment methods he accepts. It was a simple bank transfer. So, I don't think I could have filed a PayPal claim.

And I wanted to let ebay know about the fake brushes as soon as the seller paid me back. And I don't think I would have a problem getting my money back if the f***ing German post wouldn't have lost the parcel. Anyway, I'm still praying that they'll find it!

caffn8me

The problem with paying by bank transfer, Western Union or other schemes is that they give you no protection. That's why fakers like to use them and avoid PayPal. I hope you have good luck recovering your money.

capmorlovesmac

I am so sorry that this happened to you! I have seen the auctions of this seller on the german ebay and was shocked that he has positive feedback.

Was your shipping with the German post as a registered letter? Wow and they lost that?
ssad.gif
th_hug.gif

You could write Estée Lauder and inform them and send them the link to the auction and seller. He sells fake Bobbi Brown brushes too so they surely are interested in that.

I hope you will win the fight against the seller and the german post!

Yes, it was a registered letter (Einschreiben Rückschein for the German ladies)!!! I posted it at the beginning of last week and expected it to get to the seller within 24 hours (because I posted it in the morning). I'm very unlucky with the German post recently (they already lost my boyfriend's birthday present on it's way to South Africa).

I've filed a claim and the post is now looking for the parcel...

I'll wait for another week and then I'm starting my mission against the seller by letting ebay, MAC and Estée Lauder know about him and his fake brushes. And even Bobbi Brown is a good idea. I'll keep you updated about the response!

I wish I had known all about this before buying on ebay. I have a very good friend that buys EVERYTHING on ebay and has never had any problems. But to me it looks like you need an extra qualification to not fall for bad sellers...