Finally!! <3

glamdoll

Yay!! I got a permanent position after being an Oncall for Macy's for 2months now. I am the new Lancome BA!!

woooo! I thought Id share the news
th_DANCE.gif

glamdoll

Thanks ladies!!! Does anyone know what I can expect there? how is it like working for them?

glamdoll

I just wanted to type this in case anyone else looks for what to expect at Lancome, cus I know when I searched all i found was Mac stuff hehe.

Well, to start off, its more skin care based. You will mostly make your goal by selling the creams, and serums. You do get a broad range of women, I noticed I got mostly older women because of the skin care line.

Pt gratis is $175 and FT is $350 You Only get it twice a year, in Feb and August.

GWP is when you will really get sales! but its so hectic and seems like you're ALWAYS in gift. ugh.

Over all it just wasnt for me. But its a good way to gain experience, it was my first retail job and cosmetics counter job.

Good luck to everyone!

SASHADOMINGUEZ

Congrats on your postion. Does anyone know if you can use your Mac Pro discount cards at Macy's Mac counters? I some gift certificates from my bday and would like to use them at the Mac counter with my Mac Pro card..

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASHADOMINGUEZ
Congrats on your postion. Does anyone know if you can use your Mac Pro discount cards at Macy's Mac counters? I some gift certificates from my bday and would like to use them at the Mac counter with my Mac Pro card..

you can only use a mac pro card at a free standing store, sorry
ssad.gif

MAC*GIRL08

I worked for Lancome and yes they are mainly skincare based. I still use their products, although very expensive they are really good. At least you can use your Macy's discount to purchase Lancome products - you need a Macy's credit card though. The discount is reflected on your statement. Your MAC PRO card can only be used at freestanding stores, and online orders.

Hope this helps and good luck!!!
th_LMAO.gif

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammie
P.S Congrats on your position! Hopefully you'll like it more in time =)

Oh no, Im not with the company anymore! Sorry I didn't clarify that.

I left to pursue a position w/ MAC. I am a freelancer now. I just wanted to post my experience for the girls who wonder about Lancome.

HTH someone out there
smiles.gif