Finally A Job!!! Woohoo!!!

Dr_Girlfriend

It's been a LONG 3 months. I quit my position at a local hospital April 5th and was (foolishly) expecting a position as a staff pharmacist at another. They called me 2 months ago and said they couldn't offer me anything at that time because someone in their HR department screwed up and didn't post the positions for internal candidates. They took the positions down and said that they'd be in touch as soon as they got everyone settled... yeah... then they laid them off.

I interviewed at a state mental facility May 20th and had pretty much given up on it and was having a little Dr_Girlfriend pity party when I FINALLY got the call yesterday that I was the chosen candidate out of the 15 that they interviewed. YAY!!! I was really starting to really question my abilities there for a bit. I report July 16 for my first day!

LOL my guess is that it's a state run facility and therefore nothing happens quickly but hell I don't care anymore!

n_c

Congrats
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

Yay!! Congrats!

I'm looking for my first "real world" job and the corporate world is so complicated.

NicksWifey

I know how it is, being unemployed! Congrats to you for finding a new job! May you have an awesome career!
smiles.gif

captodometer

Congrats
th_DANCE.gif

Government jobs of any kind take a long time to fill. When I moved back from New Zealand, it took 5 months for the USDA to reinstate me, even though I had already worked there for 6 years. Right now, I'm in the process of transferring from USDA to the Veterans Administration: the personnel offices are having a hard time figuring out how to do the transfer. 3 weeks have already passed since I got hired, and I still don't have a confirmed start date
angry.gif

Dr_Girlfriend

Thank you everyone! I've been rather scatter brained lately with the father-in-law and other crap needing to be handled quickly so I forgot about this thread.
Honestly, I'd given up on them. The pay isn't quite as good but at least there are good benefits.

One little aside that I thought was hilarious... I actually HAD to get a document notorised stating that "I am not not or no longer mentally retarded and/or have an IQ that is consistent with the bottom 2% of the population." The very fact that I can comprehend that should be sufficent. My mother got a big kick out of it considering that my brother is 24 and severely mentally and physically handicapped... The husband just said "wow, you got someone to forge that for you?" WTF...

Latest posts