FINALLY found *that* pair of jeans!

alaylam

I've been searching forever for a nice pair of jeans in a dark wash that I can wear out at night. NO luck until today. I find it so hard to find any kind of pants that fit because I'm only 5'2 and pretty curvy. If something fits my butt and hips it doesn't fit my waist, every single pair of pants is at least 4 inches too long, etc. etc. (I know everyone has their own grub about finding pants that fit right!)

But ALAS, I found the pair of jeans I've been looking for... at The Gap, in an "ankle" length, AND 25% off!! Voila:

jeans1.jpg
jeans2.jpg
jeasn3.jpg

They're still slightly too long, but I'll take what I can get!! Now I have an excuse to buy a new and even higher pair of heels
greengrin.gif

User34

they look like they fit nice. Congrats. I hate jean shopping! =)
You should try PAIGE PREMIUM denim. Her jeans are like MAGIC.
I luv them.

knoxydoll

It's great when you find a pair a pants that are perfect (with a little hemming for you)
I found my favourite pair of jeans at the gap too. Long and Lean, except i have to order mine online because i have the opposite problem with length than you do. I'm 5'11'' with a 34-36 inseam and sometimes 38 when i wear heals.
Which style are the ones you got?

alaylam

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
It's great when you find a pair a pants that are perfect (with a little hemming for you)
I found my favourite pair of jeans at the gap too. Long and Lean, except i have to order mine online because i have the opposite problem with length than you do. I'm 5'11'' with a 34-36 inseam and sometimes 38 when i wear heals.
Which style are the ones you got?

They're the long and lean style too, except in ankle length of course. I'm not really sure what the inseam is on the ankle length... less than 30 for sure. I envy tall people, I always think it must be so easy for them to find pants that fit!! I guess everyone has their own problems though
smiles.gif

n_c

I totally share ur happiness right now...cause Im petite myself and its super hard to find jeans...my new fav's are from express size 0 short, of course I had to take them in to get altered (longwise) but I love how they fit everywhere else...*goes to check out Gap*

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaylam
They're the long and lean style too, except in ankle length of course. I'm not really sure what the inseam is on the ankle length... less than 30 for sure. I envy tall people, I always think it must be so easy for them to find pants that fit!! I guess everyone has their own problems though
smiles.gif

It's so hard to find pants because they're never long enough. I'd rather have them too long and have to get them hemmed because it's better to have to much length rather than not enough (which is usually my problem)
The long and lean style seems to be really nice on so many people. My sister loved them so much I tried a pair on and instantly fell in love.

alaylam

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
It's so hard to find pants because they're never long enough. I'd rather have them too long and have to get them hemmed because it's better to have to much length rather than not enough (which is usually my problem)
The long and lean style seems to be really nice on so many people. My sister loved them so much I tried a pair on and instantly fell in love.

I agree, it's better to have too much pant than too little. But sometimes hemming so much off the bottom changes the shape of the leg, like the whole flare ends up getting chopped off. I'm totally going to stick with the long and lean style though. I went to a billion stores today on a mission to find a good jean... The Gap was the last place I went into and this was the very first jean I tried on. So freakin awesome haha.

kaliraksha

ok now that you've found it... splurge and get at least 1 more pair... you may literally cry when your 1 pair dies =(

eastsidesunset

Gap jeans are heaven for us teeny tiny girls! I'm 5'2" and curvy too, and my holy grail jeans are Gap Curvy fit boot cut (ankle of course). They fit like happiness on my bottom, haha. It sucks that they're so expensive, otherwise I would have ten pairs. Seriously, try on the stretch version of the curvy jeans, you would be amazed how rockin you can look in a pair of pants!

ETA: You look great. Get yourself some tall boots!

prinzessin784

those jeans look awesome on you! it's such a great feeling to find a pair of jeans that fit really well! I love DKNY Soho jeans - you can get them at Macys and they are awesome!!