Finally Got my Vert Labret

silentstorm143

So I have been wanting a vertical labret for some time and finally on the March 2nd got it I am so excited and happy with it. My piercer was an awesome dude had me laughing the whole time and I've had no problems I'm just paranoid that my jewelery is gonna fall out and then the piercing heal lol I am a worrier. Cant wait for 6 weeks to be up then maybe I can relax. Its a 16 g 7/16

LMD84

awesome! and i am pleased you got on well with the guy doing it! that must have taken the edge off so much! i guess now you will always have to apply lipstick with a brush though! lol!

silentstorm143

awesome! and i am pleased you got on well with the guy doing it! that must have taken the edge off so much! i guess now you will always have to apply lipstick with a brush though! lol!

Thank you and yea it made it so much easier that he was a cool guy and lol when I can start wearing lip products again I will have to buy a lip brush :)

LMD84

well it looks awesome on you! :) i have always been scared of needles to get anything other than my ears done... but i'm ok with tattoos! go figure!

silentstorm143

Thank you I think it suits me. It really didn't hurt I didn't even notice it until the needle was exiting the bottom but the moment the discomfort registered it was over with. I fell in love with tattoos seconds after I was getting my first one done I was hooked and knew I had to get more lol. How many tats do you have? I currently have four moretattoos planned :D as for the piercing im done other than gauging my ears.

commandolando

I think all piercings will scar. I've had a labret, vertical labret, snake bites & septum..all have scarred!..not bad or anything, just tiny holes. BUT STILL! I ended up taking mine out for various reasons, I took my labret out because I had braces at the time and it was banging against them. haha! plus I'm 26 now, piercings are awkward after a certain age :)

Maybe your skin is just prone to scarring? *shrugs* What made you take yours out?

User38

silent scream..
thud.gif

<< truly terrified of pain and needles so no tats, piercings

silentstorm143

your lip is now forever scarred :( i had mine done a few years ago and i can still feel the bump :(

I tend to scar well so its not a concern of mine. Does the scar/ bump bother you? Question when you had ur VL did you lips get really dry if so how long did it last? mine are peeling like crazy from the salt water and my piercer told me preferably its best i suffer thru it.

commandolando

It doesn't bother me..it's just a little annoying. My lip wasn't dry, just swollen. At the time I was using MAC tendertones so that might have helped..just pick up some medicated blistex and remember not to drink any alcohol with yeast!!!!!

I tend to scar well so its not a concern of mine. Does the scar/ bump bother you? Question when you had ur VL did you lips get really dry if so how long did it last? mine are peeling like crazy from the salt water and my piercer told me preferably its best i suffer thru it.

silentstorm143

Thank you for the advice. I barely swelled just chapped and peeling( so not pretty) My piercer advised nothing on my lips for 6-8 weeks except if i absolutely couldn't take it any more to use plain chap stick but he'd prefer I not use anything so I guess I will suffer thru it and NO alcohol what so ever :( small price to pay I guess lol