Finally Time for a New FOTD! Bright Blue and Yellow...

Amaranth

Hey hey hey

So I've had a pretty hectic month, which is why you haven't seen a whole lot of me lately.

I had a month of exams that nearly killed me, plus at the same time, I had to deal with some housemates from hell. Once my exams were over, I had to move, since the lease on my house was expiring and there's no way I'm living with those people again. I don't know where I'm going to live for the next school year, but right now I'm living back at home with my parents and have a sweet job for the summer at the nuclear plant. Coincidentally, a bunch of my friends just took out a lease on the same row of townhouses I was in this year, just a few doors down from my old place. One of them is waiting to see if she got an exchange for next year, and if she gets it, I'm seriously considering taking over the lease for her. I loved that house and the neighbourhood, and the people living there are some of my best friends and I know they'd make great roomies. How bizarre would THAT be? I move into an identical house a few doors down from where I lived this year? I just wish I could have known sooner...it would have been easier to move
ssad.gif

Anywho, now that all of that business is over, I can play with my make-up again. Yaaaaay!

Whooooops...forgot to put on the macro setting so these are sorta blurry...but you get the gist! They're not that bad.

No matter how smooth my blending is in real life, it always comes out kinda blotchy on camera. Boooo! Anyone have any tips for camera setting that may fix this?
PS It was my intention to make a hard line between the yellow and blue at the outer corner. If I don't, it looks like I have no eye crease...which I pretty much don't.

This one turned out the best. And look! I created the image of an eye crease! Yaaaaay!

Aaaand dumb face, but it shows off the make-up nicely.

What I Used:

Face
MAC StudioFix Powder Foundation in C3
MAC Powder Blush in Strada
MAC Powder Blush in Springsheen

Eyes
MAC Paint in Bare Canvas
MAC Eyeshadow in Era (as a base for blending)
MAC Eyeshadow in Chrome Yellow
MAC Eyeshadow in Bang on Blue
MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon
MAC Eyeshadow in Contrast
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Pigment in Mutiny
MAC Eyeshadow in Rummy (brows)
MAC FluidLine in Blitz & Glitz
MAC Fibre Rich Mascara (black)

Lips
MAC Lipstick in Pretty Please (I love...I use it for everything)
GAP Lipgloss...some pink dessert name, but I can't remember what it is and the sticker peeled off

So let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!

xoleaxo

what a fun look.. i wish i could pull off yellows
smiles.gif
i also must say that your hair is hot!

Krasevayadancer

You are so freaking gorgeous alyson darling. So happy to see a post from you and happy to hear things sorted themselves too :-D

Amaranth

Thanks everyone! I dunno how much longer I can keep the purple hair (which you can barely see in these pictures) since I'm starting m y summer job soon, but hopefully it'll be here for a while longer, I really like it. And I'm glad y'all like me in yellow too, I think this is like, the second time I've ever used it because I wasn't sure about it.

Amaranth

Like what, the colour you mean? I do it at home, hence turning my entire bathtub purple. I use Special Effects dye, which is a vegetable dye, so I just put it on, tape a bag to my head to keep it from drying out (if it dries I find it doesn't sink in), then blowdry it through the bag periodically to heat it up and open up my hair...follicles (?). You can leave it on as long as you want too, since it's a vegetable dye, I usually leave it on for about 5 hours, though I know people who sleep with it on. I used to be bleach blonde, and it killed my hair, which is why I switched. The only thing is, you still need to chemically dye your hair to get the dye to stick, though you DO NOT have to bleach. I go to the salon every six months to get my hair chemically dyed one shade lighter than my natural colour. I get red too, and then use blue dye to get it purple. The one-shade-lighter thing just strips your hair enough to allow the SFX dye to hold, but it's not causing any huge damage. However, certain lighter colours won't work with this method, you'd need to straight-up bleach your hair for some light colours to grab. I use the one called Wild Flower, and sometimes mix it with a bit of Devilish if my red base has massively faded. That's another good thing about the SFX dyes, you can mix 'em to make your own unique colour. This is their website if you're interested: http://www.specialeffectsusa.com/
More expensive than Manic Panic, but it lasts longer and is way better IMO.

Amaranth

Oh, and PS, the one I use now is QUITE dark. My display picture is from when I used to use Devilish mixed with Hot Lava, so you can see how bright you can get it if you really want to...and once again, that was NOT over bleached hair, just dyed one shade lighter than my natural colour.