Fingernail problems...help!

iheartcolor

All my life I have had terrible fingernails.
thmbdn.gif
They are SUPER-soft - they bend so easily it actually grosses people out. If I wear nail polish, they actually get softer, which I despise. I love nail polish! They also tear easily.

My toes nails are perfect - strong, hard and never any problems.

What is wrong with my fingernails?
th_dunno.gif
Are there any good nail treatments on the market some of you have tried and found success with? And I even eat j-ello (like, 4 times a week!) and still nada.

Thanks!

-Lauren

browneyedbaby

Sadly sometimes it's just down to genetics... that said, do you apply a strengthener daily along with cuticle oil to keep your nails healthy. OPI products are my favorite (Nail Envy is a very popular product with good reviews). How about diet, do you get all your required vitamins and minerals each day? I also take a multi-vit designed to improve hair, skin and nails which does make a difference. (Although to be honest I'm one of those annoying people who have naturally super strong nails!).

iheartcolor

Thank you for the advice on the OPI products - I'll give them a whirl. As far as a multi-vitamin goes - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. *sheepish grin* I'll be more thorough with that in the future
winks.gif

And yeah - stupid genetics! LOL
smiles.gif

-Lauren

MiCHiE

Vitamins may help, but the Jell-O thing is a myth. Try nail hardeners. They will provide a temporary fix until your nails change on their own (with age).

prinzessin784

You can try taking a b-complex supplement that has Biotin in it, some people say that helps nails. Sally Hansen also has a whole line of products designed to help strengthen nails and cuticles that are actually really good. HTH!

S.S.BlackOrchid

I had thin nails too (and they would peel at the tips all the time). I found this thing called Total Nail Rx at Walgreen's (It's the pinky-clear one and says 'build me up nail hardener" on the bottle). It really helped! My nails are harder and don't peel at all.

My sister likes to use Nutranail Nail Hardener.

girlstar

I have the same problem
ssad.gif
They're horrendously soft, and peel at the ends. I'm currently trying OPI's Nail Envy, but haven't been successful so far because you have to reapply every other day.. and I forget :/

Latest posts