finishing a tube of lipglass

neeshie

I am almost to the end of my Spite and Chai lipglasses. I can't pick any more up with the wand but I can see loads at the bottom and top but can't get to them with the applicator. Is there any way of using these bits up cos it seems like such a waste if you can't.

TIA!

calbear

you can also lean it on its side overnight and most of what's left will be on the side of the tube and the wand can get to that.

lara

When my lipgloss tubes get that empty, I take the entire end of the tube off with a Dremel and scrape the leftovers into a weeny jar. You get more product this way.

I've scored a squillion little MAC sample jars from a friend and have sqooshed all the nearly-finished lip products out into them.
smiles.gif

neeshie

does anyone know how to remove the strainer thing?

i've tried leaving it on its side (spite) and its so thick, it won't budge! I don't know if chai does...i'll try it

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
I heard if you remove the little strainer plastic piece it will allow you to get lots more

yup! that's the best way
greengrin.gif

bluegrassbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshie

i've tried leaving it on its side (spite) and its so thick, it won't budge! I don't know if chai does...i'll try it

Get a pair of tweezers and pinch the top of the lip of the plastic insert. It will seperate. It might take a little work to pull it out. Once it pops out you can pour the lipglass into another container.

glittergoddess27

Believe it or not,.. I have finished 2 Flash of Flesh and am nearly at the bottom of: my second Nymphette, Sunnyboy, Flashmode, Star Nova, Pinkarat, and my (illegitimate) Lovechild <- I added some piggie and glitter brilliants to it,.. heeehehehehehehe

Though I will probably take apart my 2nd Flash of Flesh now so that I can get every tiny drop,...

dollbabybex

oh god i go thru a lipglass almost every month!ha!! at least its lots of B2M!
smiles.gif

i actually stand mine upright, but upsidedown... that always works for me!!

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshie

I've used needlenose pliers successfully!

merleskaya

Sanne

wouldn't it work to lay it flat for like a night and twirl your wand throught the lipglass??? I've never finished a lipglass but I think it might work. And you can keep the tube intact