Fire at my work

Mabelle

I don;t know what to do...

There was a fire at my place of work last night around 1 am (my aun't bookstore/coffee shop). It actually started in the parking lot behind the set of buildings (theres a lumber yard at the other side). It was a 5 alarm fire. There are all kinds of apartments on top that are seriously damaged. Two houses are gone. Luckily the store (and the tavern next to it) are still standing, but theres a lot of smoke and water damage. The landlord is talking to the insurance company right now, but i;m afraid the building will be deemed unsafe... Even so, i dont know if i'm out of a job or not. All i can do is wait.
Thankfully no people were hurt, but there was a couple that had a kitty upstairs, and my aunt doesnt think she made it.

I just needed to tell someone... thanks for listening.

Willa

Was is Livres Boox N Beanz???

I saw a picture of it o_0

What will your aunt do
ssad.gif

I'm sorry it happened
Do you want me to check if there are some openings where I work? (stadium)

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Was is Livres Boox N Beanz???

I saw a picture of it o_0

What will your aunt do
ssad.gif

I'm sorry it happened
Do you want me to check if there are some openings where I work? (stadium)

it was livres boox n beanz. Had you ever been? I'm the redhead behind the counter.
I dont know what my aunt is going to do... but i mean the store wasn't making a ton of money as it was (it was a new business)... so in that respect it's fine. I think she went into Ste Anne's to check it out now. A friend of ours lived in the apartments above, and his roof caved in, so Carole (my aunt) took him in. Theyve gone back to try to get some of his stuff and asses the situation. As much as i complained about the crazies, i did love that place. It was a good job. I hope they can set up shop again so i dont have to look elsewhere.

I'm sorry where do you work Willa? The Stadium as in the Olympic Stadium? I really appreciate that, but unfortunately i dont drive, so i really need to find something in the west island if possible. I've started e-mailing friends that work at cafes and stuff. I figure, i know coffee, why not, right?

I just wish i knew what was going on, ya know? Who knows, maybe it's not so bad and they can be up and running in no time.

And the part about the kitty dying really really upsets me. I love cats. This poor couple just moved in too.

gildedangel

I'm sorry that this happened to you, I am glad that everyone was alright, after all posessions are just material things and can be replaced. I hope that this will all work out for you in the end!
smiles.gif

atwingirl

I hope you and your Aunt can sort things out soon. I also wish you both some peace of mind. These tyes of accidents can be hard to wrap your mind around so take good care of each other. I have massive love for the feline population owning one myself so I am sad to hear about the cat too!

Mabelle

well, i heard back from my aunt and things are looking bleak.
Everything inside the store is ruined. All out bookshelves are finished. The books are ruined. The art on consignment. Coffee stock. Our espresso Machine. Computer. Cash. Absolutely everything. They would literally need to start over. My aunt says she doesn't know if she has the energy to start over again.... i don't think she does. Over the last 6 months she had been getting so stressed she had been making herself sick. So when it comes down to it, I doubt they'd reopen.

Also, the landlord had been talking about wanting to sell the bar for a while, so with all the damage done to the building he might just decide to tear it down.

So i was told that finding another job is a good idea. I started sending out e-mails to friends asking if their places of emplyment were hiring, and two guys i went to high school with are going to try to hook me up with jobs at either a second cup or a starbucks. Another girl is looking into Sephora for me. Please cross your fingers for me. I really need something quickly.

Thanks for all your kind words. They mean a lot.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I'm sorry where do you work Willa? The Stadium as in the Olympic Stadium? I really appreciate that, but unfortunately i dont drive, so i really need to find something in the west island if possible. I've started e-mailing friends that work at cafes and stuff. I figure, i know coffee, why not, right?

I just wish i knew what was going on, ya know? Who knows, maybe it's not so bad and they can be up and running in no time.

And the part about the kitty dying really really upsets me. I love cats. This poor couple just moved in too.

Yeah Olympic stadium
winks.gif

It's alright, I was offering it to you, but I understand you live more in the west island. I'm in Rosemont

The kitty part is sad
ssad.gif

Mabelle

I think... in the long run (if they do not not re open) that this will benefit her. She gets so stressed it's unhealthy. She was having hardcore physical symptomes, like a numb face! It's all due to stress... so maybe this will be a blessing in disguse.

Again Willa, thank you so much for even offering. I apriciate it so much. That fact that you offered to look into a job for someone you dont even know is just so kind. I would agree in a heart beat, but as i said i live in the west and dont drive. As im sure, you know how badly our public transit sucks. It's even worse out here.

thanks again everyone.

Mabelle

UPDATE

They Found the kitty a couple of Days Ago!! Our friend Ron went back to the apt to see if he could salvage anything else, and he found the cat in his cupboard or something!! Apparently he had been surviving off of garbage or something. Anyway, he called the owners and they thought he was playing a mean joke on them and got mad. But they went and got him
smiles.gif

One of the Montreal's french papers is going to write a little piece on it. i'm SOOOO happy right now
smiles.gif
YAY!!!

Also. I have a job. I started at second cup last week.

Woot!! Kittiessssss!

Willa

YAY for kitty!!! <3<3<3
Didnt I read something about it lately...??? I think in Journal de Mtl???

Mabelle

Really? Maybe! My boyfriend heard about it this morning, so it's possible the peice was already printed. Honestly i'm freakin estatic! wooooot!!1

LMD84

it's terrible that this happened to your aunts shop. but at least nobody (and no kitty!!) was hurt
smiles.gif

and congrats on getting another job so quickly!
thmbup.gif

Latest posts