Firespot turning gold....

makeupgal

Does anyone have any recommendations for Firespot e/s to keep it from turning gold? It looks bright orange (like it is supposed to) when I first put it on, but after a while, it just turns gold. I'm surprised about this. I used "Nude" CCB underneath as a base. I've never had this problem with any other M.A.C. shadows. Any suggestions?

lipshock

Maybe try it over Mangomix Shadestick. .or maybe over another orange-coloured eyeshadow. :shrug: Just throwing out some suggestions. I haven't worn my Firespot yet.

Jess-ee-ka

I've been wearing it with Jest and Nylon with Stillife paint as a base...Hasn't gone gold on me yet. Definitely give some of these recs a try!!

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiicknSeskii
I haven't tried fire spot but maybe flammable paint will bring out the color?

Thank you so much for this suggestion!!! You inspired me to get out my flammable paint and firespot looks INCREDIBLE over it!! I so excited to wear it tomorrow!!!
thmbup.gif

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Thank you so much for this suggestion!!! You inspired me to get out my flammable paint and firespot looks INCREDIBLE over it!! I so excited to wear it tomorrow!!!
thmbup.gif

oooooooooh nooooooooooooo the evil "Buy, Buy, Buy More MAC" devil that sits invisibly on my shoulder is now making me want to run out and get Flammable paint, too!!!

I've seen Devingirl do AMAZING things with purples over that paint, and now I hear it looks lovely with Firespot, oh noooooo how much longer can I resist the temptation?????????

VeronikaJ

I would try using it over Mangomix Shadestick
thmbup.gif
I've only used it with Flammable thus far and found that it looked more red (because Flammable is red) rather than bringing out it's orange-ness. Mangomix is often overlooked but I think you'll like it
smiles.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
oooooooooh nooooooooooooo the evil "Buy, Buy, Buy More MAC" devil that sits invisibly on my shoulder is now making me want to run out and get Flammable paint, too!!!

I've seen Devingirl do AMAZING things with purples over that paint, and now I hear it looks lovely with Firespot, oh noooooo how much longer can I resist the temptation?????????

HOLY CRAP i am wearing it today and YOWZA it looks awesome!! Flammable is so underrated!! You can wear it with purples and blacks and pinks and now with firespot I love love love. Try it with pinked mauve pigment and beauty marked I think you will be pleasantly surprised!!