First big mac purchases advice, pic inside

adamchristopher

i personally have no experience with it but a lot of people think that the MAC prep + prime is kinda lacking and prefer Smashbox's Photo Finish. It's kinda pricy at $36 though

BlahWah

For what it's worth, tho I like how Smashbox's evens out the skin (I mainly use it for creases in the inner eye under concealer), I find it on the oily side (b/c of the silicone). I just checked the reviews on MUA and they say they prefer P&P b/c it creates less shine (but not matte), it doesn't clog pores and feels silky smooth. It's more affordable as well. Overall, the repurchase % was 84% P&P, 65% Photo Finish. Check out MUA if you can. HTH!

depecher

I have used both the Smashbox and MAC Prep and Prime. I am on my second bottle of the MAC. The Smashbox is ok but it is on the oily side. I don't like the feel to it when compared to the MAC Prep and Prime. If you want to try them both out, Smashbox does have a travel size. I got mine at Sephora.com.

pumpkincat210

I love prep and Prime skin!! It really makes my foundation go on so much smoother..
springsheen blush is a definate must have in my collection.. and would suit your skintone.. Also check out Peachtwist blush.. it can be used as a bronzer as well!
Black Tied eyeshadow is perfect for anyone, but i'd suggest wearing a paint or shadestick under it. hth!

.nicole.

Prep & Prime makes my skin feel like velvet, then i use the studio fix liquid and omg can't get anything better!!! I might get studio fix powder just to finish it off..

fairytale22

I like the Smashbox primer way better than MAC's but try it, a lot of people feel the opposite and I love the sparkly MAC packaging on it anyway lol.
greengrin.gif
The rest of your purchase sounds great.
greengrin.gif
The only suggestion is maybe check out some of the brushes.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts