First day went well - I've got a very neglected Lancome counter on my hands!

colorlvr

I started today and basically just wandered about my counter trying to familiarize myself with the product line. A main issue right now is our stock level. The cases look like we are "going out of business" or something - there is NO STOCK in the display cases. Also, the testers are a mess. There are testers out on the cabinets of colors/products we no longer carry, while there is stock hidden inside the cabinet doors that have NO testers out representing! Everything is dusty, old looking - some of the face cream testers look old and overly used and abused. I found out today that there has been NO ONE in charge or even working at the Lancome counter for a year. The other lines have been jumping in when they have to, and converting people over to their own lines whenever possible!! I am ready to fight for this counter and to get it back up to par - I feel strongly that I can do it - but I do feel intimidated and overwhelmed - and I hope that it isn't too far gone to lift it back up. I work with a Lancome person Tuesday - I hope that he can give me some tips and goals and help me build a strategy to get the counter back in order. IT IS A MESS.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

gildedangel

Try to clean up the testers as best as you can and take off the testers that you don't have in stock, as a customer there is little that I hate more than a tester being out with no stock to purchase. Talk to your area manager about contacting the person in charge of stocking the counter. If you tell s/he the condition of the counter they will look into why your counter is not properly stocked. Try to figure out the delivery dates of new stock coming in as well. In terms of getting to know the line, try just browsing the website so that you know what products can be ordered. This way if something is out of stock you can tell the customer that you can order it in for them, or that they can order it online as well. Congrats again on getting the job and good luck!
smiles.gif

colorlvr

Thanks gildedangel - I guess I'll just start from one end of the counter and move around in a big square - there are sooo many testers - this will take me awhile!

Latest posts