First FOTD - Black & White Cut Crease

darbywynn318

This is a VERY messy fotd that I did just as a demonstration. I didn't have time to blend the lashes really well so sorry about that! Tomorrow I'm taking some pictures of a friend for a photography class and wanted to show her what I was thinking of doing so here it is.

NYX Milk
Rimmel White Eyeliner
MAC f/l Blacktrack
CG fantastic lash (just on the bottom to get really clumpy lashes)
MAC Lashes (not sure what number!)

cutcrease4.jpg

cutcrease.jpg

cutcrease2.jpg

CC very welcome and any recommendations for a cheek color? I'm doing a really pale nude on the lips.. I'm not amazing at contouring so I'm not sure how good that would look.

paparazziboy

if ur cutting the crease i would actually do it above the crease to create a new one and make the line super crisp instead of blending it if u do blend blend upward away from the crease

hope that helps love

dietcokeg

love the colour and omg those lashes look so natural!! more power 2 ya for posting ur first fotd!!

darbywynn318

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazziboy
if ur cutting the crease i would actually do it above the crease to create a new one and make the line super crisp instead of blending it if u do blend blend upward away from the crease

hope that helps love

Thank you that's definitely a big help. It was way more dramatic but by the time I got to take the pictures a lot of the white had rubbed off. I bought some white shadow though which I think will make a big difference.

paparazziboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbywynn318
Thank you that's definitely a big help. It was way more dramatic but by the time I got to take the pictures a lot of the white had rubbed off. I bought some white shadow though which I think will make a big difference.

your very welcome

try using a cream base as a shadow base like MAC painterly paint pot or soft ochre paint pot or a good alternative to those are the nyx jump pencil's they will help the shadow adhere and not smudge

Hypathya

Nice!! For a cut crease you should try to draw a crisp clean line to divide the lid from the crease and, as written above, blend the crease color upward. I think with those colors and your skin a subtle pink for blush will do.

I adore both the eyeliner and your eyes!

cupcake_x

Those colors look great, and the eyeliner is nice!

As for a blush rec, peachy pink or a very soft light pink would look nice!