First FOTD

girlsaidwhat

Thanks, everyone, for all your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by almmaaa
Very pretty look. Do you find that the smashbox green primer hides redness? I have a lot of redness but am skeptical. THanks

I wouldn't say it /hides/ the redness, because it's really sheer. However...my skin is kind of perpetually a little pink because I use glycolic skin care products. I think the green primer does dim down the pink a bit.

Smashbox makes small sizes of their primers (they're like 16.50 at Sephora) so it makes it worth trying. If you don't like it...take it back! Or if you have a Sephora near you, go in and ask for a sample of it.

almmaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsaidwhat
Thanks, everyone, for all your comments!

I wouldn't say it /hides/ the redness, because it's really sheer. However...my skin is kind of perpetually a little pink because I use glycolic skin care products. .

I use DDF Glycolic exfoliating wash. Now that I think of it that may be my prob!!! Maybe thats whats making me even redder!!!! Do you know why it makes the skin pink or red??? Thanks

girlsaidwhat

Quote:
I use DDF Glycolic exfoliating wash. Now that I think of it that may be my prob!!! Maybe thats whats making me even redder!!!! Do you know why it makes the skin pink or red??? Thanks

Well, glycolic works by loosening the "glue" that holds old skin cells together...revealing fresher newer skin.

It's that "new skin" look that is pink. Fresh skin is being revealed, which is why it's pink...and why it's so important if you're using glycolic to also use SPF (not like it's not important for everyone else!
winks.gif
)

It's a trade off. I'd take pink-fresh skin over what I had before using glycolic any day.

Hope this helps!

almmaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsaidwhat
Well, glycolic works by loosening the "glue" that holds old skin cells together...revealing fresher newer skin.

It's that "new skin" look that is pink. Fresh skin is being revealed, which is why it's pink...and why it's so important if you're using glycolic to also use SPF (not like it's not important for everyone else!
winks.gif
)

It's a trade off. I'd take pink-fresh skin over what I had before using glycolic any day.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much this has helped if only the darn MA's working at Sephora would explain things in more detail than only saying it will smooth out your skin. What you say is true new skin is pink except I only have that on the apples of my cheeks and chin
graucho.gif
graucho.gif
thanks again BTW what type of glycolic products do you use?

girlsaidwhat

Quote:
Thank you so much this has helped if only the darn MA's working at Sephora would explain things in more detail than only saying it will smooth out your skin. What you say is true new skin is pink except I only have that on the apples of my cheeks and chin
graucho.gif
graucho.gif
thanks again BTW what type of glycolic products do you use?

No problem!
smiles.gif

I use a line of products made by MD Forte. I started with their level 1 products, which have 10% glycolic. I'm now on their level 3 products, which have 30%. I use their cleanser, cream that contains the acid, and their moisturizer as well.

I used to use their rejuvenating eye cream, but I didn't feel like it did anything for me after going through my first bottle, so I'm on the hunt for something new. I also use their rejuvenating mask, which I love.

Good luck, and try that smashbox green primer!

zucker

this look is so awesome!!! really my absolutely favourite look i have seen here in the last weeks. pleeeease do a tuto for this.
greengrin.gif
the colours together are so amazing! and i love your attitude in the pictures.
smiles.gif