First Interview - Face to Face

YSLGuy

I have an inperson interview this week.
thmbup.gif

Nervous. Unsure.

That's all. LOL

YSLGuy

Thank you!

Trying to figure out what to wear. Since I have to be at work around the time of the interview I cant be too dressed up.

Moxy

When other girls here on Speckrta had interviews or demo's I think most of them said you should wear an outfit that would make you look like a MAC MA - so stylish black but can be paired with (colourfull) accessories.

(Off topic, I've just noticed how our "Location" bit under our avatar picture is almost the same lol
lol.gif
)

YSLGuy

^that's too funny about the location bit. LOL

The interview went well I believe and I should be moving onto the makeover interview and final interview soon.

*fingers crossed*

YSLGuy

I did a test run of sorts on my model last night. I know that I may be thrown a scenario so I played around a bit and came up with a basic look or two that I can do on her quickly (if I have a time limit).

Tonight I am going to brush up on my product knowledge and figure out the exact products I want to pull and use.

Moxy

Good idea, it's best to prepare yourself in advance so you appear calm and knowledgeable on the demo.

YSLGuy

I had my demo interview and will post it soon. Is there a way to change the title of this thread to reflect that its updated with the demo interview story??

I tried to edit the original post, but it doesn't affect the actual title.

Anyways...I will post my story tonight.

YSLGuy

So my model and I arrived just a few minutes before my scheduled time. When I passed by the store was really busy so I was grateful. This way the other artists would be busy and not paying attention to me.

With just my luck as soon as I sat my model down the store cleared out and all eyes were on me. Nerves!! I hate being watched, especially by artists who tend to be very critical.

I chatted with the 3rd Key a bit about my background in cosmetics/retail. (We both had worked for some similar lines in the past, including Chanel). She then gave me my scenario.

My client was a regular Clinque customer who had been intimated by MAC for years, but was ready to make a change, but nothing too crazy. I mentioned to the woman that my model was a teacher during the day, loved pinks, and had to be conservative because of her job.

She then gave me a few minutes to round everything up. Once I had everything set up on my station and hands sanitized, I began. She gave me 45 minutes to complete the look and went about her business.

My model wanted something light and natural for day. She tends to be oily and I grabbed Studio Tech in NW25 which turned out to be a perfect match for her skin. It covered alot of the red but looked flawless and light and natural. My model commented how she didn't even feel like she was wearing anything but liked the overall finish of the ST.

Oh...before the ST I did a bit of Strobe Liquid on the cheekbones, and above the lid, then I did Prime and Prep all over, and Prime and Prep lip on her lips.

After the foundation I went straight to the eyes (I always save Concealer for last so I can clean up any falldown under the eyes). My model found it interesting that I waited to do concealer last and said she had never thought about that, but she always had to clean up her eyes and touch up concealer later. She she was learning as we working which was great.

I did Prime and Prep eye in Light and swept Bamboo (?) all over and up to the brow bone. I then put Sunset B on the lid and blended it out to the crease. My model loves pink so we wanted to play on a look with alot of pink but still keep it soft. I then added Blackberry to the outter corner and swept it across the crease part ways. I blended everything really well.

I drew a line of Teddy Kohl pencil across the top lashes only and smudged it out really well and into the outer coner to get a soft line that was better for a day look. We added mascara and VOILA..yes were done.

For a soft, natural look I dont like to line the whole eye, so I left the lower lash line alone except for a small dab of mascara. We groomed the brows with clear gel because my model needed a waxing and they were too full to fill in with powder/pencil.

We then did Mocha blush along the cheeks and blending up into the hairline at the temples to give a soft lift to the face. We wanted a subdued pink and I liked that Mocha had a bit of brown to it that worked as both a blush and a bronzer. I took a big powder brush and worked it in really well to the blend out the blush and make it look like a more natural blushing affect (think comign in from a cold day). My model was impressed with how soft the blush was and the way blending it out with a big brush gave that affect. She thought it was soft, but still noticeable enough.

I cleaned up under the eye, added NW20 in Select Moisturecover. I just love that formula.

Then onto lips...I lined with Quartz (?) all over and filled in the lip to help the wear of the lipstick. We added lipstick (can't remeber what color) and then added gloss ( I can't think of that color either).

The person watching me came over and gave me two thumbs up and had me walk her through the look and what I did and why. She complinted the look and said it was a great choice for the lips. My model loved the lips and we wrote everything down for her to get later. I wish I could remember what I used on the lips, but at least my model as it on paper.

I was expecting to then take the look into night, but the person said that she had seen enough and didn't need me too. I hope that was a good "I've seen enough" and not a "Oh please stop this madness, I've seen enough, ugh!!"

She said she would forward her notes to the person that I am interview with this week. So we shall see.

I cleaned up my mess, sanitized everything and we left. We went and had dinner and my model's lips stayed on through the whole meal and beyond. Score!!

MzzRach

Great recap - thank you for sharing that. It sounds like it went really well, will keep my fingers crossed for you. ;-)

Moxy

Wow, it looks like you did great! Love the eyes, I have to re-create them myself! I hope the next stage (the second interview) goes well, it seems you know what you're doing and pair colours well together, and that's all I want from the MA's! Good luck!

YSLGuy

Thank you everyone. The second interview (and hopefully the final stage is tomorrow)

Interestingly though I do know who one of my competitors is and she has a good shot. So we'll see.

Or maybe her and I will wind up working together. LOL

YSLGuy

So I had the third interview a few days ago. It was VERY short and they asked me very similar questions to the first interview.

I was expecting it to be longer and for me to be able to go more into detail with my experience. It was kind of weird.

Anyways...I was told that I should hear something in about a week.

So...

FINGERS CROSSED

Moxy

I hope you get good news! I agree, that's odd that the second interview was so short. I'd say it means that either they think you're the one and that they don't need to ask ya lots of stuff, or that they're more interested in someone else. I hope you get the job!

davidsito987

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy
So I had the third interview a few days ago. It was VERY short and they asked me very similar questions to the first interview.

I was expecting it to be longer and for me to be able to go more into detail with my experience. It was kind of weird.

Anyways...I was told that I should hear something in about a week.

So...

FINGERS CROSSED

HOP EU GET IT...that usually means they know they like you good liuck

Latest posts