First lippie, shadow, liner, gloss, your HG product EVER!!

Divinity

Time to take a walk down memory lane, ladies and gents! We have a thread like this for MAC, but I was reminiscing about the products I had before MAC and even those that I used upon discovering make-up (or in my case, when my mom let me wear make-up out of the house). So what was yours? Mine was a cover girl royal blue liner pencil I took from my mom's stash in junior high school and I wasn't walking out of the house until I was rocking that blue liner!
supacool.gif

KikiB

First lipstick was probably some Wet 'n Wild crap that I got for a birthday one year. That or Cover Girl. I wore lip stuff quite a bit when I was younger but that was because I did a play every now and then.

First shadow of my own was a Jane shadow I believe...I think it was a gold because I remember my 7th grade year I had my locker with a box full of earrings (I had just gotten my ears pierced end of 6th grade) and then makeup, since I wasn't a purse girl at the time.

First eyeliner was Wet 'n Wild white pencil liner. I rocked it. My mom saw me when I first put it on and said I did good-for an amateur.

First gloss was some random stuff, but first I remember was a marshmallow-scented Bonne Bell Lip Shakes-back in 2000 when they really started on the Bonne Bell branded stuff and not just the Smackers.

Let's just say that I had a lot of cheap stuff that I accumulated, because it was easy for my mom to pick one up at $1. The Bonne Bell stuff was strictly allowance, and on sale.

However my first HG products were Jane's loose powder shadows and then Lancome Colour Focus shadow in Slide...Slide is the best colour ever on me. It's everything that I want a yellow eyeshadow to be-slightly golden, frosty, but still yellow and with colour payoff to boot.

rbella

I've said it before and I'll say it again....Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper lip balm. Lived and swore by it!!!!!!!!!

First shadow was a frosty white and frosty blue cover girl duo.

First eyeliner was maybelline jet black.

First mascara was define-a-lash(?) the pink and green mascara tube.

lexiesupagirl

I started buying makeup when I was 11 yrs old.
my first eyeshadow was from Avon- it was white o_O
my first lipstick was from Avon as well- it was pink-ish
my first eyeliner was Chanel- my mom got it for me.
and mascara- Isa Dora crappy black mascara.

kaexbabey

my mom wouldn't let me wear makeup until i was 18, so everyday in school i'd put eyeliner on and wipe it off before she picked me up! LOL. but i kept wearing it and she eventually gave up on nagging me
smiles.gif

my first eyeshadow was .. a dark gray one from cover girl. i'd use the cover girl shimmer sticks as a base.
my first lipstick was from clinique. it was from a GWP. i think it was called bamboo pink.
my first eyeliner that i LOVED was from estee lauder. i think i took it from my mom. idk if they make it anymore. it was a striped blue and gold pencil and it worked GREAT. never smeared or anything. i wonder what it was, i'd really want it now!
my first mascara was full and soft by maybelline

josie

Oh man, I remember my very first. They still make it too. I was 11 or 12. It was a trio from Covergirl called Shimmering Sands. It had a shroom-like color, a wood-winked-ish color, and a frosty medium brown color.
smiles.gif

First lipstick was from this discontinued line from Bonnebell called "flipsticks." It was a sheer lilac color. lol The packaging amused the sheezy out of f me.

First liner.. hm.. they still make this one too. It was a covergirl pencil liner in black, with a pointy sponge at the end for smudging. Ah, those were the days.

First lip gloss was a milky lilac color from a Bonnebell line called Liplites or something. Don't remember the exact name.

KellyBean

First lipstick- some GWP Estee Lauder from my mom

First eyeliner- NYC eyeliner which my friend used. It was only like $1 so I bought it, lol. I still really like those things!

Gloss- Definitely remember this one. It was a Bonne Bell Frosting lipgloss and I was obsessed with it. I applied it 24/7 and went through about 10 of them, hah.

Hilly

Gloss was definitely Clinique in Air Kiss, Whisper and Juicy Apple.

Real lipstick was Clinique Black Honey

First eyeshadow I remember was some Jane dark grey crap that came in a lip gloss looking container. It was odd and fugly. I remember being sad that I lost it but am now grateul it is gone lol.

coachkitten

My very first makeup was from Clinique. I was 13 and I picked out a Almost Lipstick in Almost Nothing and a blush called Pink Blush (creative naming!). That was at 13 and little did my mom know she created a makeup monster! The first beauty product I remember when I was little was a electric blue cover girl mascara that my mom wore. My first perfume was, and I kid you not, Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth. That stuff smelled gooooood......
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

My first make up was a palette that my mom bought me for Christmas when I was like...8...so you can blame her for the madness. I loved that palette. It had all sorts of cool eye shadow colors and hot pink blush and red and pink lippies LOL.

As for things that I actually picked out: Bonne Belle chapsticks, especially the Cotton Candy and Dr Pepper ones. My first e/s was from Jordana. It's a drugstore brand but they worked damn well. My liners were from Jordana as well. I actually still have 2 or 3 of them, a teal and gold. My first lipstick was a Sailor Moon moodring lip stick. It looked green in the tube and when you first put it on, but after a few seconds it turned into a purple color! LOL I thought I was the shit.

Mizz.Yasmine

My first product ever was Covergirl mascara when i was like 13. lol I felt so weird all day with that stuff on my lashes lol! I kept looking to check it didnt smudge.

xiahe

First lipstick: actually it was MAC Politely Pink! I got it a few weeks ago as a Back2MAC item and I LOVE it. I'll probably stick with sheer lipsticks, tho - the matte/cream finishes with heavy coverage kind of scare me.

Shadow: some sort of Cover Girl shadow.

Liner: NYC eyeliner that my friend SWEARS by. they're $0.99 and at the time I was like, "eh, why not?" - it's a good eyeliner, but Revlon Colorstay (& MAC fluidline) both have my heart.

Gloss: Lipsmackers stuff.

Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous. and I thought it sucked lol

Blush: jane shimmering blush in roses
smiles.gif

NicksWifey

My first lipstick was by Clinique. I think it was petal something? Anyway, it was pretty much the shit and I loved it dearly.
Shadows, I didn't wear much of, in high school, but when I did, I wore a few Maybelline/Cover Girl netural duos. One of my favorite shadows when I was younger was a CG shadow that reminded me so much of MAC's Nylon.
My first eyeliner was from CG. Perfect Blend, the kind with the pencil on one end and the smudger on the other. I always got Onyx or Black. My friends and I loved this stuff.
I always wore Lip Smacker glosses and also this stuff called Maybelline Kissing Potion. I used to wear that lip gloss when I was about five, LOL. Then they discontinued it and brought it out again while I was in the 8th grade. I miss that stuff. It was a rollerball gloss, really cool.