First real attempt at curling with GHDs - photos included & advice wanted!

ShesAFoxyLady

Hi All,

Well I have tried countless times in the past to curl my hair, both using straighteners and also with curling wands and it always infuriates me as nothing seems to work
censored.gif

but... my lovely other half surprised me with some GHDs at xmas and these seem to curl so much better, although I'm still not very good at it. Today was my first real, major, attempt at curling my hair with them and this is how it came out (pics below). Do you think this looks okay for an early attempt?

Does anyone have any fantastic 'need to know' hints or tips for curling successfully?? I've watched youtube videos and often the techniques I see on there just do not work for me. It took ages to get my hair like this today!

Also, what sort of products should I use when curling, and after curling?? as since I curled my hair a couple of hours ago the curls have already started to drop out!

Any advice much appreciated as always
smiles.gif

LMD84

i think this looks amazing! honestly i have had ghd's for about 5 years or so and i still can't curl my hair with them! you look lovely!

ShesAFoxyLady

i think this looks amazing! honestly i have had ghd's for about 5 years or so and i still can't curl my hair with them! you look lovely!

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. Everyone on youtube seems to make it look so easy but then when I try it, it's a real pain in the behind! (well to be more accurate a real pain in the fingers, seeing as I burnt myself more than once today
blink.gif
)

I suppose it looks a bit better than I thought at the time. I always want it to be perfect and I guess with curls you can't really be too much of a perfectionist. I definitely still need practice though because it took me a long time to do, and I also need to find some products that will help keep the curls in my hair as it's already looking a lot flatter!

LMD84

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. Everyone on youtube seems to make it look so easy but then when I try it, it's a real pain in the behind! (well to be more accurate a real pain in the fingers, seeing as I burnt myself more than once today
blink.gif
)

I suppose it looks a bit better than I thought at the time. I always want it to be perfect and I guess with curls you can't really be too much of a perfectionist. I definitely still need practice though because it took me a long time to do, and I also need to find some products that will help keep the curls in my hair as it's already looking a lot flatter!
oh yeah, watching the youtube vids makes me feel like a right tit because i struggle and burn myself! espcially because my hair is so long and thick! by the time i do oe section the weight of the other hair has flattened it again!!

purple_pumpkin

It looks good. I always have problems with the hair at the back, it always looks so easy on youtube tutorials, but in real life it's so hard!

ShesAFoxyLady

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I have to admit though, it's too much effort to do so I'm just sticking with my straight hair
blush-anim-cl.gif