First Somewhat EOTD!

Julie

Okay, I know u can't see much that's why I'm posting. I need some tips on how to make my eyeshadow show up in photos. The eyeshadows were much deeper in person and in the pic it looks like I'm wearing almost nothing but eyeliner and mascara.

I use a Sony Cyber Shot 3.2 and I use a tissue over the flash.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...7/f1fc64df.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...7/2f0d24af.jpg

What I used:

Brows- Spiked with Smashbox Taupe Browtech
Eyes- Pale Out, Buff De Buff,Pearl of the Earth, Embark,Sunday Best
Permaplum Bottom Liner, Blacktrack Top Liner & CG Lash Exact

mzcelaneous

What did you use? You've got perfect eyebrows! Try taking photos under natural light either outside or near a window that provides a generous amount of light to shine through. The flash often washes out colors. HTH!

Julie

Thanks! I've never thought to try taking them outside or near a window. I'll definitely have to try that. I'll update my post with what I used and what you can barely see
smiles.gif

M

I think it looks great! There is a really good tutorial here on how to take better pics with your camera that you might want to check out.

BTW-can I ask what tissue over the flash does?

Julie

Thanks! I'll have to check that out. Well with my camera if I don't put the tissue over the flash you can't tell what is in the pic because it washes it out so much and if I don't use one then everything is so dark and muddy.

Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxurious
pretty. love this look

Thanks so much, I thought everyone would say it was boring.

Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgard
That's so beautiful!

Aww thanks! It's not nearly as gorgeous as your work but maybe it'll be close one day.

lizsybarite

Hang on - I have that same camera! And I can't seem to get NEARLY as nice close-ups as that! *jaw hangs open* What's your secret?

It's a tricky camera I agree but DAMN - teach me your secret! Unless I wear all-out bright colors I can't get a FOTD to show up like that!

Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsybarite
Hang on - I have that same camera! And I can't seem to get NEARLY as nice close-ups as that! *jaw hangs open* What's your secret?

It's a tricky camera I agree but DAMN - teach me your secret! Unless I wear all-out bright colors I can't get a FOTD to show up like that!

Well I just cover the flash with two ply kleenex. Sometimes I fold it so that the flash is even more covered but it is so hard to pick up colors with this camera. I hate that it washes everything out. It takes great pics of everything else just not makeup.

Glitziegal

I think this is pretty. You have beautiful eyes. I feel that nude/natural colours don't show up as much, but that's part of the natural beauty look you achieve with them.

Julie

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! I was so worried about posting my first EOTD.

AllINeedIsMac

ooooh, post more! i felt the same way too, my boyfriend has a cybershot but he has a weird film-thingy on the flash that makes my skin look more glossy than what it is. But, I can't wait till you post more, i like it!

BlahWah

Your eotd looks really pretty! I wish there were some closed-eye shots though, so we could see all of your creative work! You did a great job, no need to worry about posting at all. Please post more!

Latest posts