First Specktra FOTD

wordfreak012

I haven't posted an FOTD in about a million years, and i was feelin' it today, so here we are.

disclaimer: i was on my way to a picnic, and was going to be hot and in the sun all afternoon, so i didn't put on any foundation or concealer [suzannah + creamy products + heat+ sweat = melted + gross], and my skin looks all pooey. i'm not crazy about my lip color either, and would love suggestions for a better pairing, since this color combo is one i do frequently.
but other than that, CC away my dears, CC away.

Face:
Loreal Translucence Loose Powder
NARS Orgasm Blush

Eyes:
MAC Bare Canvas Paint
MAC Magic Dust e/s
MAC Naked Pigment
Ebay [roro] pallete [navy, dark blue, black]
MAC Blacktrack f/l
Diorshow mascara
MAC Brow Shader in Wheat
MAC Brow Powder in Charcoal/Maple

Lips:
MAC Spice l/l
MAC C-Thru l/g
TheBalm "Water My Melon" plump gloss

both eyes:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...a/DSC01477.jpg

closed eye, sorry it's blurry! couldn't get a better close up...
DSC01475.jpg

i totally have crap in my teeth...ew. i flossed immediately after i finished taking pictures.
DSC01480.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

my totally cute dress! [and my tatas...]
DSC01481.jpg

a couple hours and a little sunburn later [but a good face shot]
DSC01486.jpg

ivorygleam

i love that look... it's natural... with just enough OOMF to be elegant for a day or night out! I love MAC C-Thru, it looks awesome.

kimmy

i think the lip colour looks great with the eyes, actually! i really like your blending.
smiles.gif

wordfreak012

wow! thank you all so much!
yeah, i wasn't sure about the l/g in person, but in pictures i think it looks pretty good.
and i lovelovelove [!] doing a neutral lid with a kick of color in the corner, it's my new signature look, and super easy and quick. it's also great for transitioning day to night, because i generally just smoke out whatever color i have in the corner with carbon or beauty marked or random dark color when i go out at night, so i don't have to do a whole new face, and it still matches whatever i'm wearing, unless i change, in which case i just don't care
greengrin.gif

thanks for all your support!