• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

First Specktra Tut: Green Machine/Putting on a Face

wordfreak012

So, this may be the longest tut ever.
Sorry ‘bout that, in advance. Hope y’all enjoy it, or find it helpful, or something.
Feedback would be great!

What I Used:

Face:
MAC Prep+Prime Skin
Paula Dorf Oil-Free Foundation in Champagne
ELF Tone-Correcting Concealer
Loreal Translucence Loose Powder
NARS Orgasm Blush
ELF Bronzer
Guerlain Meteorites Compact

Eyes:
MAC Paint in Bare Canvas
MAC e/s in: Gorgeous Gold, Swimming, Humid, Club, and Magic Dust
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Dior DiorShow Mascara
MAC Brow Powder in Maple/Charcoal
MAC Brow Shader in Wheat

Lips:
MAC Lip Pencil in Spice
MAC Lipstick in Style It Up
Random Sparkly Pink Sheer Gloss

DSC01635.jpg

I forgot to Take a picture, but the brushes I used were:
NARS: 1, 6, 26, 7, 8, 3, 14, 12, 4, 5, 9, 2, bronzer brush
Nameless Foundation Brush

Start wit yo naked face. Ick.
DSC01508.jpg

Put your primer on [MAC Prep+Prime Skin] and blend
DSC01509.jpg

Put Chapstick on So your lips don’t get nasty.
DSC01510.jpg

Conceal! [E.L.F. Tone Correcting Concealer, NARS 07 Brush]
DSC01525.jpg

Blend.
DSC01527.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

Foundation Time! Yippee! [Paula Dorf Oil Free Foundation in Champagne]
Use the stick in your foundation to put the foundation on your cheekbones, middle of your forehead, bridge of your nose, chin, and along your jawline. Then, using Nameless Foundation brush, blend it in.
DSC01529.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

Done with foundation!
DSC01532.jpg

Put a little loose powder on to set your foundation. [Loreal Translucense Loose Powder, NARS 01 Brush]
DSC01533.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

Now Take your e/s Base [MAC Paint in Bare Canvas] and put it on your whole eye using your finger, and blend.
DSC01535.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

Take a Massive fluffy brush [NARS 04 brush] and apply sheer shimmery highlight shadow [MAC Magic Dust e/s] from lashline to browline.
DSC01542.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

Now Take some Gorgeous Gold e/s, and pack it on to your Pencil-like brush [NARS 14, I think]
DSC01545.jpg

Apply it on the inner ½ of your lid, and around your tearduct.
DSC01550.jpg

Now it’s time to go swimming! [swimming e/s that is] Use a fluffy-ish brush to apply swimming to the out half of your lid, like so:
DSC01555.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

Now get some humid e/s on your fluffy brush, and apply it on your outer corner, and start to create more of a shape for your shadow.
DSC01559.jpg

Darken up your corner and crease with some club e/s [I think the good effect of club is lost with my camera, because it looked better and darker in person]. I used an angled brush here because it’s a little stiffer, and I think it helps with using a darker color.
DSC01564.jpg

Now, you’re done with your shadow! Joy!
Now take your flat crème liner brush, and dip it in your fluidline.
DSC01565.jpg

Line your upper and lower water lines
DSC01566.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

Voila!
DSC01569.jpg

Now take a fine-point liner brush, and get some more fluidline. Make a line across your upper lashline to give better definition. Usually, I’d make a wing or angle it or something, but I wasn’t feelin’ it tonight.
DSC01572.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

At some point in here, I tapped some gorgeous gold over my browbone for some oomf.

And back to the face [no, I didn’t forget mascara, that comes later].

E.L.F. Bronzer, angled contour brush.
Make a fish face, and place your brush at your temple, and pull it along the hollow in your cheek below your cheekbones, like so:
DSC01578.jpg

DSC01579.jpg

I took a picture of what it looked like, but I looked insane, and the flash washed out the contour, so you’ll have to use your imagination.

Take the same angled brush, and a highlight powder [I used Guerlain Meteorites], and apply along the top of your cheekbone, and the apple of your cheek.
DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

Also, put some highlight along the bridge of your nose…
DSC01591.jpg

Your forehead…
DSC01592.jpg

And your chin.
DSC01593.jpg

Now take your bronzer/buffer brush…
DSC01596.jpg

And blend!
DSC01597.jpg

Time for some blush!
Blush Brush + NARS Orgasm blush = Love
DSC01598.jpg

Apply blush along your cheekbones and apples, over your highlight.
Yes, when you take this picture, please attempt to imitate a baby with gas. It helps.
DSC01600.jpg

Take your Spice lip pencil, and line your lips.
DSC01604.jpg

Blend the line with your finger a little so it isn’t so harsh, and you don’t look like a chola.
DSC01605.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

Apply Style It Up Lipstick with a brush [I’m actually using a pointed concealer brush here b/c it’s bigger and less stiff]
DSC01607.jpg

Put some sparkly pink sheer gloss [mine has no name] over it for some pizzazz.
DSC01609.jpg

Fill your brows using an angled brush [MAC Brow Powder in Maple/Charcoal], set them with MAC Brow Shader in Wheat
DSC01612.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

MASCARA AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
DSC01614.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

Aaaaand…..YOU’RE DONE!!!!
At long last, you resemble a human being!
DSC01620.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

Just eyes:
DSC01624.jpg

And you thought it would never end!
clap.gif

gracetre123

Oh...I love it girl!!! thank you so much for take so many pictures (that's must be a lot of work), I have to get that PD foundation, your skin lookes so flawless..very nice job!!!

wordfreak012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracetre123
Oh...I love it girl!!! thank you so much for take so many pictures (that's must be a lot of work), I have to get that PD foundation, your skin lookes so flawless..very nice job!!!

thanks! yeah..it took a couple hours to do the makeup, and a couple more to type everything up, but what are days off for? lol.

the PD foundation is my second fave. foundation of all time [dior airflash being the first], it is the best liquid i've ever used, has stayed smooth and lovely even though i've had it for a year or so [i never need that much to do a whole face, so it lasts a really long time, but i also don't use it everyday], and in natural light, it looks completely natural and lovely. i highly reccomend it
greengrin.gif

starxrie1

wow i love this!!! please do more tuts!!! your skin is amazing! i want to buy both the concealer and foundation you used in this.

wordfreak012

thank you ladies!
i totally adore my foundation and concealer...whoever says the ELF face products are crap lies!