First trip to Mac

CrystalStars

After lurking a long long time and becoming so obsessed and fancinated by MAC, Ive decided to take the plunge and make up an ultimate list of essentials to get. This is pretty much just going to be an ever growing list of products to pick up and ask for for holidays and whatnot. Anyways...what are some suggestions you guys think every person with a serious makeup collection should have? Im pretty open to anything and extremely clueless! Any help will be so appreciated.
cheerleader.gif

Simply Elegant

Definitely some brushes, a few neutral and bright eye shadows, brow gel, some fluidlines, lipglasses, pigments, MSFs. Just experiment and see what you like.

CrystalStars

Oh I forgot to mention I already have a brush set. Course it isnt mac but im not totally hung up on brand names. It does the job.

thanks for the suggestions so far. Anything that pops out I have to have?

AudreyNicole

What is your coloring like? Here are some of my favorites and things that are essential to *me* so that may or may not help you...
--Bare Canvas Paint (great base)
--Fluidline eyeliner (My favorite is Graphic Brown)
--Vanilla pigment (IMO Mac's most versatile pigment, great highlighter)
--Mineralize Skin Finish (I have 3 and love them! If you hurry, you might be able to still find them!)
--MAC Lipsticks - I LOVE them. (I was always more of a gloss girl until I started with MAC. Depending on your skin tone, pick up a neutral. I am NW20/blonde/blue and my favorites are Gel, Hue, Blonde on Blonde, Bombshell... Hug Me is supposed to be a pretty flattering color on everyone)
--Eyeshadows (Some of my favorites are Nylon, Expensive Pink, Steamy, Coppering, Goldmine). I would get a few neutrals and a few brights to start.

HTH! You will certainly be addicted! I LOVE my MAC!
smiles.gif

CrystalStars

Thanks soo much Audrey.

Im a verrry pale girl with dark hair and very light green/yellowish eyes. Ive never been a huge lipstick girl myself either, so it might be fun to experiment with those as well.

Thank you to everyone for the help

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStars
Thanks soo much Audrey.

Im a verrry pale girl with dark hair and very light green/yellowish eyes. Ive never been a huge lipstick girl myself either, so it might be fun to experiment with those as well.

Thank you to everyone for the help

You are very welcome!
smiles.gif
I am pretty fair too, so some of the colors that I mentioned above might just work for you. Have fun shopping and be sure to post what you got!
smiles.gif