• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

First tutorial ever: ultra-natural and bright everyday look

Eire3

So...This is my first tutorial ever...I'm kinda shy and I thought i'll never ever post a tut on specktra...but a friend of mine asked me a very natural everyday look inspired by Gossip Girl's Serena van Der Woodsen and I've tried to do so, changing the style a little bit for brown hair and eyes...

And so here it is! I'm posting it because I'd like your opinion, since i think you all are very expert about make up and do very good tutorials (I LOVE many of them <3).... Hope you like it...^^

Let's start with the products I used:

Face:
  • To moisture: MAC oil control lotion
  • Le Blanc the Chanel as primer
  • MAC Studio Fix NC25
  • Collistar stick concealer (collistar is a good italian makeup brand, but i don't know if you have that in the US or other countries)
  • Sephora radiant loose powder 01 "universal ivory"
Eyes:
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • MAC paint pot "bare study"
  • MAC "Vanilla" pigment

• A bright white powder eye shadow that I bought for 1 euro and doesn't have a brand...any e/s of this kind or a frost white pigment will do
  • WetnWild white e/s
  • MAC e/s "girlie"
  • MAC e/s "honesty"
  • MAC e/s "haux"
  • MAC e/s "corduroy"
  • MAC zoomlash mascara
  • MAC technakohl liner in "graphblack"
Cheeks:

• Chanel Joues contraste in "Orchid Rose" for a light contouring
  • NARS blush "orgasm"
  • Vanilla pigment to highlight cheeks, nose and chin
Brushes

• 217: to apply colour and blend
  • 266: to define and line eyes with corduroy e/s
  • A brush that looks like 239 but it isn't LOL (I gotta have ittt!!!) that I bought almost 10 years ago for 3 euros to highlight
Lips

A bright cherry colour lipstick from an italian economic brand (Deborah)
MAC clear lipglass

Ok let's start now! I'll put all the photos as thumbnails so click on them to view them full size
smiles.gif

This is my face with the base: moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer and eye-primer

First, I highlighted eyes:
I applied bare study paintpot all over my lid until my eyebrows and under my eyes

I Highlighted the inner corner of the eye and my eyebrow bone with a white bright e/s (I used wetnwild one)...

...and applied Vanilla pigment all over

I applied girlie e/s in the outer corner of my lid and blended it in the crease with the 217 brush, lightly (sorry for the bad photo next ones will be better )

Then haux in the outer corner and inner corner of the lid, lightly, and blend it with girlie in the crease (dotted line in the photo)

I lined my eyes with corduroy e/s and the 266 brush:

This is the effect with open eyes:

I blended all the colours with honesty e/s and added more vanilla pigment in the center of the lid (yellow line) and the powder bright white e/s in the lower part of the lid and the inner corner (white line)

Then I did a very light and thin line with technakohl eyeliner only on the upper lashline and added mascara on both upper and lower lashes:

Then I did a light contouring with chanel blush, put NARS blush on my cheeks and highlighted cheekbones, chin and nose with Vanilla pigment. Applied cherry-coloured sheer lipstick with fingers, lightly, and added a veil of nautral lipgloss...and this is the result:

I think it's a soft, bright, neutral look, suitable for going to work and school...I hope you like it!
smiles.gif

MACLovin

Very pretty, totally a work-safe look i'd do for the office. I like it, it's soft but still looks like you're put-together and polished. Nice!
greengrin.gif

Eire3

Thank you very much girls!!
This is the first time I receive comments on my makeup because it's the first time i share it...I'm very happy! ^^

NeonKitty

Thank you! I've been searching for a way to use girlie and have been experimenting with neutral looks, this is perfect! Great job on your first tut!