• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

*First Tutorial* Get the rainbow look

Chic 2k6

I havent seen any tutorials here for rainbow eyeshadow look.

I used 6 eyeshadows (came from a spanish palette not mac) you can choose whatever colours you like, could be bright or earthy or pink etc..
i only got the finished results pictures, so I'll have to talk you through this one.

1) Firstly, prep your face if you do that usually before applying eyeshadow/s

2) Get one of these
30103.jpg
and some tissue

3) Choose the first colour and apply on the outer corner of the eyelid, but only a small amount but enough to be seen.

4) Wipe the applicator on the tissue to remove the colour so it doesnt mix with the other colours.

5) Choose another colour and place next to the colour you just applied. Repeat step 4.

6) Repeat Step 5 until you finish applying the colours.

7) You need a facial wipe/ makeup remover to clean up a little bit, to make the colours even size length.

8) Choose a pale shimmery pigment or eye dust powder and just gently sweep over the eyelid, it should make the colours look more shimmery but not cover the rainbow effect.

9) I used my finger but brushes can be used if you want to. Blend the colours a little bit so they have softer edges rather than sharp edges.

I didnt apply any mascara because i was doing the colours example for the tutorial but to make it standout, apply some mascara on the lashes and it is done.

The Finished Results:

rainbow2.gif

rainbow.gif

na_pink

i would have done it so that the there would be yellow then orange then red then purple then blue then green then yellow ... you know like in the actual rainbow ???

Chic 2k6

You've done it really nice widerlet!!

na_pink the tutorial can be done in any colour order as you wish, mulitcolor, rainbow etc..
smiles.gif

Charnelle

More vibrant colors would look a lot better
Try it with Bright pigments or something. And highlight the brow bone.

lilysandremains

it looks washed out you should have used a base.
i don't like it,im sorry,i think it would be mean to pretend it looked good
when it really doesn't.

na_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
You've done it really nice widerlet!!

na_pink the tutorial can be done in any colour order as you wish, mulitcolor, rainbow etc..
smiles.gif

i was just stating what I would have done, and what i think would have blended better

Life In Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_pink
i would have done it so that the there would be yellow then orange then red then purple then blue then green then yellow ... you know like in the actual rainbow ???

The rainbow is actually ROY G BIV

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet
smiles.gif

MissAlly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysandremains
it looks washed out you should have used a base.
i don't like it,im sorry,i think it would be mean to pretend it looked good
when it really doesn't.

I'm sorry but I really have to agree with lilyandremains.It's not that pretty.=/

It does look washed out and I would have used a base and highlight,oh and blend.

xiahe

Quote:
I dont own a base
ssad.gif

you can use foundation then set it with powder, buy some L'Oreal de-crease (eyeshadow base)....or if you want to splurge, look into MAC paints ($15) or urban decay eyeshadow primer potion ($14)

Charnelle

Mac paints are worth it, id invest in them...
I think it would look good with bright vibrant colors.

asteffey

i think using a base, brushes instead of the sponge applicators & eyeshadows with the same color base (i.e. warm versus cool) would really improve your look.

good in theory!

na_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life In Return
The rainbow is actually ROY G BIV

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet
smiles.gif

guess i had it backwards and blahblah but you get the point
smiles.gif

Chic 2k6

I didnt have a base so i used a concealer stick thingy i had, and i put Bronze on and it stayed on the whole day not even faded while without it wouldve! Im learning new tips everyday here! this is the result

First Applied

Bronze.gif

5+ Hours later

Bronze2.gif

koolmnbv

Quote:
I didnt have a base so i used a concealer stick thingy i had, and i put Bronze on and it stayed on the whole day not even faded while without it wouldve! Im learning new tips everyday here! this is the result

First Applied

Bronze.gif

5+ Hours later

Bronze2.gif

YAY for learning new things on Specktra! You will find out very quickly how helpful and great any form of a base is to your e/s's all the way around!

TooterFish

May I make a suggestion?? It looks like in both pictures you have a bit of "fall off" from the eyeshadow on your lower lashline and inner corner (Please do forgive me if that was intentional) I find that holding a folded piece of tissue under my lower lashline while applying eyeshadow really helps w/ the fall out. Also a cheap little fan brush from an art supply store wisks it right away, as does a piece of scotch tape!! Hope this helps!!
smiles.gif