First visit @ Pro store

sharyn

Hello lovies,

I'll be in Cologne in a couple of weeks to get my MAC PRO Card. It'll be my first visit at a Pro store and I have never before tried any of the pro products. Do you have any recommendations what I should get? what are your favourite Pro items (Pigments, Eye stuff,etc.)? Best Pro-stuff overall?! Anything to avoid? Of course I'd also like to hear your non-pro-item recs for a pale NC 15, since I dont have that much MAC yet...

TIA!!
bouquet.gif

DaizyDeath

start buying all your blushes and eyeshadows in the pan they only cost 9.50$ that way i forgot how much the creme and powder blushes are in the pan but their alot cheaper 2.

But you do have to buy the Pallettes which i personally love makes everything alot more compact.

And if your thinking about B2M and how you wont get a free lipstick if you buy it in the pan. I added up the difference i would save one day and instead of getting a 12-15$ lipstick free you save almost 30$ so you could buy 2 lipsticks with the money your saveing

I find that the pro store really doesnt have that much stuff that i need from the pro line except for the pans and empty containers other then that i mostly just go there beacuse they stock alot more pigments then reg stores/stands

on pro pigments most of them are matte which i usually wouldnt recommend since their hard to work with i use them for stage but i dont ever use them in my real life.

glitters if you get these you want to buy eyeliner mixing medium but i use these for stage and occasionally as an eyeliner when i go to a party or something and again i dont use these in my day to day hardly ever id just ask for a sample of what colors you want and that should give you plenty.

im not shure what else to talk about but if you wanted to know about a certain product then just ask
smiles.gif

sharyn

DaizyDeath,Thank you so much!
I'll definitely get eyeshadows in the pan for a palette... there's no B2M in Germany so I dont need empty packaging...

I really wonder about that Lipmix... is it a gloss? Or a tint? Can you apply it alone or do you have to combine it with lipstick? Oh and... are the color swatches on the website more reliable than the ones on the regular Mac site? Cause I'd hate to fall in love with some item and then later find out it looks completely different...

DaizyDeath

to answer your question about the swatches they really very on both of the web sites i find neither web site to be a reliable place for swatches your best chances to see accurate colors are here on specktra or in the links section of here theirs some web sites that have swatches.

Lipmix is just basically a tint that you can add to your glosses or lipsticks ...etc to change the color. They dry matte so it doesnt give the glossy texture like you might assume. Their meant to be added to stuff but i suppose you could wear it on its own but it might really dry out your lips.