Fixing broken lippies HELP!

mizuki~

I don't know about piecing it back together into the tube but you can always melt it and put it in a pan

sonnebutti

this is what I do: (sorry for my bad english I hope you understand)

I pick the piece that is broken, and with a lighter I heat the bottom of the lipstick, and they glue back together. with your fingers you can reshape it. it's important that the bottom really melts a little bit so it really gets stuck to the lipstick you still have. then you put it in the fridge.. wait some hours.. and it should be as new.

anshu7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnebutti
this is what I do: (sorry for my bad english I hope you understand)

I pick the piece that is broken, and with a lighter I heat the bottom of the lipstick, and they glue back together. with your fingers you can reshape it. it's important that the bottom really melts a little bit so it really gets stuck to the lipstick you still have. then you put it in the fridge.. wait some hours.. and it should be as new.

iagree.gif

IDontKnowMomo

I've always heard and believed that you aren't supposed to melt lipsticks because it will mess with the preservatives.
I would just mash it into a jar and use a lip brush to apply it, since melting lippies is supposedly a no no.

sonnebutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
I've always heard and believed that you aren't supposed to melt lipsticks because it will mess with the preservatives.
I would just mash it into a jar and use a lip brush to apply it, since melting lippies is supposedly a no no.

well.. I dont know about that but it's possible. but since you re only melting the bottom, I dont think there will be a problem. for me it's not very practical to put it in a jar.. since I retouch my lipstick many times during the day!