Flamingo cupcakes & Fairy Cakes

MrsMay

yep... you read right... Flamingo cupcakes!

My sister asked me this year for a flamingo cake, so I compromised with flamingo cupcakes...

finished product:
flamingocupcake1.jpg

individual flamingo cupcake toppers:
flamingo-1.jpg

flock of flamingo cupcake toppers:
flockofflamingos.jpg

cupcakes without toppers:
flamingobases.jpg

handmade sugar flowers for the cakes:
PinkFlowers.jpg

YellowFlowers.jpg

As the theme was flamingo/pink, I coloured the cream for the fairy cakes pink, and dusted them with pink holographic glitter (bit hard to get the glitter to show up in pics as it's very fine)
fairycakes.jpg

Enjoy!

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
They are amazing!

Did you make the toppers yourself?

Thanks
smiles.gif

Yep, I made them myself... I used a flamingo shaped cookie cutter and some modelling paste then shaded them in with some powder food colouring, added wings with royal icing and voila! Oh, and the beaks/eyes were painted on with black food colouring
yes.gif

RedRibbon

WOW, that is even more amazing.

I'm super duper impressed with the effort so I'm sure the taste will be even better
smiles.gif

I've given up on baking as the last time I tried to make bread I filled the whole house with smoke, not good!

MrsMay

^^ thanks hun!

The flamingo cakes were a simple buttercake, and the icing was a cream cheese icing (as requested by my sister) so I taste tested them beforehand
winkiss.gif

Not good about the bread! My mum makes bread every couple of days (using breadmaker) as she doesnt eat store-bought bread, so I get to smell bread cooking every couple of days
yes.gif

RedRibbon

Well it was my first time bread making and I think I got a bit over ambitious, now whenever I make it I have to make sure I stay in the same room for fear that I don't kill us all from smoke poisoning but the end result is lovely and the smell of fresh bread can't be beaten.

Tahti

Wowwwwww, incredible!!! I wish I could have cupcakes like that, want to send some to Ireland?! ;D You have amazing skills!

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
Wowwwwww, incredible!!! I wish I could have cupcakes like that, want to send some to Ireland?! ;D You have amazing skills!

Thanks hun! Unfortunately I dont think they would survive the trip to Ireland... the flamingos would be shattered and the cupcakes would be smooshed!! But hey, if you're happy with that I will send one
th_LMAO.gif

revinn

Ugh, I just worked out..must..leave..thread..

Those are absolutely beautiful. They're making me way too hungry.

LMD84

wow! yet another talented baker on specktra!
smiles.gif
your sister must have been over the moon with these!

is it special baking glitter you used??

MACATTAK

Those are beautiful! I was going to ask you if the toppers were edible, and I see that they are. There are so many talented ladies here! You, Ernie, and Melozburngr should all get together for a bake off, and I'd happily be the taste-testing judge!!
greengrin.gif

MzzRach

Wow, you have some mad skills! These are gorgeous and look delicious. I'd feel guilty eating them though, they're so pretty.

Okami08

Those look gorgeous! You're incredible! I especially love the tiny handmade flowers - so cute! And delicious...
th_drool.gif